Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook sleeve

iBook sleeve
Ryu
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 18, 2001, 09:57 AM

I am waiting for my iBook and I just received a confirmation e-mail that says that I will be receiving it tommorrow morning. I ordered 256mb RAM and also a screen protector from OWC and a Keningston Microsaver. Anyway, now what I need is a sleeve for my new iBook. I don't like bags because I think thouse look pretty ugly. Since iBook is reasonably small, I prefer just throwing it in my bag and carry it around with all my books. So, do you know any company that produces sleeves for iBook in particular?

PS. If you know any European company, it will be better but I can order one from the States also.

PS. For everyone in France who is still waiting for their iBooks, www.macwarehouse.fr has at least 50 iBooks and their price is really really interesting. I got my iBook DVD with a Keningston Microsaver for only 13300ff. Even with education sale, you won't get anything better than 13500ff else-where.

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: Ryu ]

bloodbeard
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 18, 2001, 10:17 AM

Hi Ryu,

Exciting to hear your iBook is finally ALMOST there . While I have never seen one myself, I've heard lots of people who love the Sleve Case from WaterField Designs. WF is based in San Fransisco, so it may not be your first choice. The bag I will be using for my iBook isn't a shoulder bag, but a backpack. The company making it, SprieUSA (obviously another non-European company) is currently testing the bag, which will fit the iBook like a glove. They don't currently have information on it on the Website, but they plan to release the bag in mid July, if you can wait that long :-) Email them and ask to be put on the announce list for the bag. If you'd like an idea of what to expect, check out the Zoom line of packs. While my suggestions were not the most ideal as far as location, I hope they helped you in a quest for a good case.
-iG3 OuT

mbperk
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 18, 2001, 10:53 AM

I have a sleeve case for my Ti from Waterfield, and it is of great quality. You may also want to try Jam Bags they have just came out with a brand new line for the new iBook, and Powerbooks. It includes sleeve cases, binder cases, hand bags, and a modular back pack. They look pretty solid. You may want to also look at Moya Deluxe Moya Deluxe from INcase. They specify that it will hold the new iBook.

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: mbperk ]

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: mbperk ]

neophilia
Forum Regular
Jun 18, 2001, 11:08 AM

I bought the medium sized computer sleeve from < http://www.Timbuk2.com > and have been very, very impressed with the build quality. There's enough padding on this thing to survive any normal laptop abuse and probably much more.. Only thing is size. I'm still waiting to get my darn iBook so I can't say if it'll fit right. By my measurements though, it should fit quite nice and snug (the small really is way too small, medium looks to be about right).

I only wish they had an option to sew on a strap..
-peter, http://peter.neophiliadesign.com/

Ryu  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 18, 2001, 02:35 PM

Thanks guys, you have been a great help to me.

Langdon
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 18, 2001, 07:23 PM

I have the NorthFace sleeve from eBags.com
It fits like a glove and the padding is great. For $20 you cant beat it and it has a lifetime warrantee, from a company you know will be there years from now.

Circa
Senior User
Jun 18, 2001, 11:24 PM

Its hard to find a sleeve that is really good and simply, but I think you will find it.
Circa

Ryu  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 19, 2001, 12:53 AM

Originally posted by Circa:
<STRONG>Its hard to find a sleeve that is really good and simply, but I think you will find it.</STRONG>
For some reason, it is really really difficult to find a sleeve for any notebook in France. It seems like that I will have to order one from the States...

Oh well...

Forum Links
Forum Rules