Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Yes! Yes! Oh God Yes! Wideload, I Luvs U!

Yes! Yes! Oh God Yes! Wideload, I Luvs U!
Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Aug 31, 2004, 09:12 AM

http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ID=10047

Wideload (the second coming of Bungie) is going to produce a Mac ports of their games published by Aspyr.

Alex Seropian, we love you!

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2004, 10:14 AM

"The title, despite relying on the Halo engine, is billed as a very different and unique gaming experience."

Now this sounds promising!
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Elvin
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2004, 10:52 AM

I wonder how quickly they will let Aspyr access the source? Hopefully this will lead to simultaneous releases on Mac and PC.

Horsepoo!!!  (op)
Banned
Aug 31, 2004, 10:58 AM

Originally posted by Elvin:
I wonder how quickly they will let Aspyr access the source? Hopefully this will lead to simultaneous releases on Mac and PC.
The way I understood it was that Wideload was going to work on the Mac, PC and Xbox version concurrently and Aspyr would just publish it.

Elvin
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2004, 11:27 AM

On Aspyr's front page there is a link to announce the new agreement... check it out. It leads you to a page to sign up for news on Wideload's new game.

http://www.drinkyourfillofthefuture.com/

a2daj
Mac Elite
Sep 1, 2004, 01:41 AM

Originally posted by Horsepoo!!!:
The way I understood it was that Wideload was going to work on the Mac, PC and Xbox version concurrently and Aspyr would just publish it.
Considering the fact that Aspyr has one of the guys that worked on Halo on payroll, I wouldn't be surprised if Aspyr did a bit of work on the Mac version of the game. It's still a ways away so anything oculd happen.

Horsepoo!!!  (op)
Banned
Sep 1, 2004, 11:43 AM

Originally posted by a2daj:
Considering the fact that Aspyr has one of the guys that worked on Halo on payroll, I wouldn't be surprised if Aspyr did a bit of work on the Mac version of the game. It's still a ways away so anything oculd happen.
Sure...I wouldn't be surprised either but I don't think the Wideload team is totally clueless when it comes to Mac programming. Afterall, Seropian is on the team and while I don't know who exactly he brought with him to Wideload, there might be a few from back in Myth days or maybe even Marathon.

Just as long as Aspyr doesn't make any future games use fake fullscreen methods...oh god, does it create problems.

Forum Links
Forum Rules