Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > WoW 1.7 Changes Make We Want to Play Again

WoW 1.7 Changes Make We Want to Play Again (Page 2)
eevyl
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 7, 2005, 04:05 AM

Also Warlocks have a set of spells to gain life (from trainers and talents) so they have usually longer survivability, at least technically

RampantAI
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 8, 2005, 12:36 PM

WoW makes it impossible to have fun in th game... Your forced to be the spec that is required for MC / Ony ..... Who the hell wants to be a protec spec warrior can't kill people in PvP .... A balance Druid well your as useless as a shadow priest down in the big runs....

And 40 man instance runs oh yeah I love running runs OVER and OVER again to build up DKP or whatever point system is in play to get epic gear ........

Blizzard scrap the 40 man runs lets brign it down TO HARD I mean HARD 10 - 15 man runs I dont Schedule my life around a game ....

Ony / Mc is a joke Noobs that Listen to instructions and as long as the warriors have there blue sets can do it ... Wow Scripted Bosses BORING ... Lets make the bosses take out the guys healing the group ...

But the one THING that was promised but never came out was lets kill Battlegrounds ok I thought they ahd PvP servers for a reason .... Let make it so the horde / alliacne can capture towns after holding it for a certain amount of time.... No matrix guards but a realistic amount for certain cities.... So when you see Astranaar is under attack you got people going to defend..... And if the towns are taken over then let horde NPC's or Alliance NPCs appear .... This would add what the game LACKS replayability....

Only people that are 60 and still play wow are the guys who need the next piece of loot ....
Fighting for Peace is Like Screwing for Virginity ...

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 8, 2005, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by RampantAI
And 40 man instance runs oh yeah I love running runs OVER and OVER again to build up DKP or whatever point system is in play to get epic gear ........

Blizzard scrap the 40 man runs lets brign it down TO HARD I mean HARD 10 - 15 man runs I dont Schedule my life around a game ....
If you look at the new game plan they just released, this is exactly what Blizzard thinks as well.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 8, 2005, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by eevyl
Also Warlocks have a set of spells to gain life (from trainers and talents) so they have usually longer survivability, at least technically
Yeah. Warlocks can be freaking tanks at soloing if you handle it right. At level 25, I was taking out level 30 mobs that were resistant to shadow spells (which are most of a warlock's big damage dealers) and I didn't even have stop to eat or drink between most attacks because I could get it back just as quickly by siccing my succubus on another mob and draining. And you can convert life into mana, so you're never left defenseless like an out-of-mana mage.

That said, warlocks are a little disadvantaged (especially compared to mages) in PvP because their only real defense spell, fear, has been really weakened. If a mage needs to get distance, he can turn the enemy into a sheep, teleport behind the enemy or freeze the enemy to the ground. Warlocks can cast fear (or seduce if they have a succubus out), which is pretty easy for players to break — undead players have a racial ability that breaks fear — or curse of exhaustion, which slows the enemy down a little bit.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

CaptainHaddock
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 10, 2005, 01:49 AM

RampantAI, it all depends on your playing style. I imagine if your aim is to be Wow's leetest player with the best PVP stats and armor, the game turns into a grind for you.

I just like playing the game, doing the quests, uncovering the adventures, and tailoring my character and my equipment to my own style of play. I'm not worried yet about having a matching set of epic armor or being a PvP god. For me, the game is extremely fun and not a grind at all.

A warlock who knows how to play well can be very effective. I have a warlock friend who beats mobs 4-5 levels higher, and can kill players 2 levels higher in a duel.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 10, 2005, 01:14 PM

I want to see an 'epic' 5 man instance, which involves pure skill and practice. It'd have a cooldown of a few days, and have multiple entrances/exits/bosses. I dont understand why a 40 man raid gets epics, when there is probably more skill in a 5 man instance :/

NateEssex
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 10, 2005, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Peter
I want to see an 'epic' 5 man instance, which involves pure skill and practice. It'd have a cooldown of a few days, and have multiple entrances/exits/bosses. I dont understand why a 40 man raid gets epics, when there is probably more skill in a 5 man instance :/
I've had enough of the all-day 40+ person raids when I played EQ. I, too, much prefer a really great challenge for 1 full group like heading down to Sebilis and doing Disco and Disco2 (and even more challenging without a cleric )
MBP 15" 2.33 ghz 256Video Card
40 Gig iPod, Airport Extreme

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 21, 2005, 08:16 PM

Hi Ca$h.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Sep 22, 2005, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Peter
Done all of Dire Maul yet? Anyway, they are planning on an "uber" 5 man, right about the time expansion patch is released.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

CaptainHaddock
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 22, 2005, 12:20 PM

I guess the uber 5-man dungeon will be one more place where hunters (and rogues) aren't welcome.

Forum Links
Forum Rules