Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Please help quick: Panther panic attack

Please help quick: Panther panic attack
urban
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2005, 12:23 AM

I don't know what the hell i did. but now when i boot up the computer i get a panic attack with the first line that says something along the line "unable to find driver for powerbook 6.5". I tried using the pather upgrade disk to do an archive and install but it said i didn't have enough disk space ( i have 2 GB) what should I do?? thinks.
Powerbook 12" 1GHZ, 1.25GB of RAM
My blog

siMac
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2005, 02:32 AM

"panic attack" - excellent!

Your going to need to find a way to back up your data (booting from a maintenance CD, target disk mode with another Mac) to make some space on your drive if you want to reinstall Panther.

How big is your hard disk? If it's bigger than 15Gb you shouldn't have let it get so full - OSX likes to have something like 10-20% free space on its boot drive, maybe time to upgrade?
|\|0\/\/ 15 7|-|3 71|\/|3

urban  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2005, 03:04 AM

sorri it was my first time having panic attack excuse my amature terminology...
so this kernel attack really suckss...

my HDD is 40Gb and it was filled to the max !!!

I don't have an external hard drive so i had to "downgrade" to jaguar and back up to my PC...
but it works fine now

thanx for the info.
My blog

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2005, 03:13 AM

It's actually called a kernel panic, but that fact is not very important. Out of curiosity, why did you have to downgrade to Jaguar?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

urban  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2005, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mac
It's actually called a kernel panic, but that fact is not very important. Out of curiosity, why did you have to downgrade to Jaguar?
I don't know if this is the case because I never got to see it: I only have a Panther upgrade disk and I couldn't even get to see the installation options because it told me I didn't have enough disk space.
But I was able to install Jaguar.
My blog

Forum Links
Forum Rules