Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Powerbook Doesn't Sleep in Tiger

Powerbook Doesn't Sleep in Tiger
urban
Forum Regular
May 11, 2005, 03:06 PM

I set my powerbook to sleep after 10 minutes after inactivty. However it never sleeps. It only goes to sleep when I close the lid or press the "Sleep" icon. I've checked Activity Monitor and no programs were running that i could identify to be causing this "system insomnia". What should I do to make it work?

THanks
Powerbook 12" 1GHZ, 1.25GB of RAM
My blog

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
May 11, 2005, 03:17 PM

That's quite normal, urban. Mail is usually the culprit. If you want confirmation of this, close all of your applications and just sit idle at the Finder; it should go to sleep.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

urban  (op)
Forum Regular
May 11, 2005, 04:19 PM

Big Mac thanz for the reply.
I am pretty sure in Panther even when i had Mail running the system would still go to sleep. If what u said is the case, I guess I'll have to shut Mail to get my system to sleep on its own.
i can't help but think Big Mac from Macdonald's.
Powerbook 12" 1GHZ, 1.25GB of RAM
My blog

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
May 11, 2005, 04:27 PM

NP, urban. I know this is not a Tiger issue because it's the same way on Panther, at least for my G5. I should check to see if my iBook sleeps automatically with Mail open, but I don't think it will. My name has little connection to the sandwich, but I don't mind the association.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Forum Links
Forum Rules