Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Hands on report - Xbox 360

Hands on report - Xbox 360 (Page 9)
ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2006, 02:12 AM

You player the two worst games. Perfect Dark looks horrible compared to all my other games.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 7, 2006, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by TheMosco
I just played sbox 360 tonight for the first time and wow. I wasn't even playing on a Hi-def tv and i still thought it looked great. I wish i wasn't going back to school because I was having alot of fun. I only played perfect dark for a little while and I loved it. Tiger woods golf is addicting and also looks amazing. I kinda want to buy one now.
PDZ is horrible, try the condemned demo and you will be blown away, in HD with 5.1 sound it is the most terrifying game or movie I have ever seen.

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2006, 02:22 AM

My next game is either going to be Condemned or Kameo. Haven't decided yet.

Perfect Dark just pisses me off. Playing it makes me angry at Rare for screwing it up so bad.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 7, 2006, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by ort888
My next game is either going to be Condemned or Kameo. Haven't decided yet.

Perfect Dark just pisses me off. Playing it makes me angry at Rare for screwing it up so bad.
Condemned is waaay better. Try the demo out.

TheMosco
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2006, 02:28 AM

Yeah, perfect dark didn't look amazing but I thought it as fun. Being able to stand against a wall and bend around it to fire was cool. I liked the guns also. i can't remember the name of it, but I liked the gun that could be set up to auto-fire. Maybe my feeling would change if i played the game for more than 20 minutes.

Tiger Woods looked pretty good I thought especially in gamebrake mode or whatever it was called.

Wireless controllers are really nice. I like how they moved the black and white buttons to the top. Much better than the original xbox s controller. I also liked how the button in the center of the controller tells you which controller you have by which part of it is lit. Turning on and off the xbox via the controller is great too. I left my original xbox on so many times because I didn't feel like turning it off.

I really wanted to play madden but unfortunately he didn't buy it.
AXP
ΔΣΦ

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 7, 2006, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by TheMosco
Yeah, perfect dark didn't look amazing but I thought it as fun. Being able to stand against a wall and bend around it to fire was cool. I liked the guns also. i can't remember the name of it, but I liked the gun that could be set up to auto-fire. Maybe my feeling would change if i played the game for more than 20 minutes.
Call of duty is 100x better than Perfect dark.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 7, 2006, 02:38 AM

Sure this 360 stuff may seem amazing now, but in just 2 years Nintendo will be releasing a product that will be able to play Super Mario 3. [/sarcasm]

Footy
Mac Elite
Jan 26, 2006, 01:47 AM

Got an Xbox for Christmas and Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. One of my favorite games ever. Once I found out there was a 360 version coming I ran out and picked up a 360. Now I'm just waiting.

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/715/715590.html

Come on March 15th!

I'm enjoying COD2 and TW06 very much in the mean time! Still playing BF2MC on the Xbox too.

master_beef22
Baninated
Jan 27, 2006, 11:11 PM

i ate 8lbs of hippopotamus dung to get an xbox for free. so can you!!
( Last edited by Demonhood; Jan 31, 2006 at 06:50 PM. )

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 28, 2006, 12:44 AM

Say goodbye to your account spammer.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2006, 07:58 AM

-Microsoft has posted its revenue results for its second quarter ended 31st December, revealing a loss of USD 293 million from the division which manages its next-generation Xbox 360 console.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=14339

It truely makes me feel happy

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 28, 2006, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye_a
-Microsoft has posted its revenue results for its second quarter ended 31st December, revealing a loss of USD 293 million from the division which manages its next-generation Xbox 360 console.

That's sad that THAT makes you happy. What makes me happy is that I get an awesome game system, MS has an extremely high console to game sales 4 games sold on average for every 360 AND MS lost money and I am a happy consumer

Talk about the consumer winning and the Nintendo fanboys having nothing.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 28, 2006, 09:32 PM

Nuff' said

Oh and as far as Nintendo(seeingas how you seem to have the need to redicule them in every gaming tread)..... they sold more GameCubes than Microsoft sold XBox360's over the holiday quarter. and...

"Consolidated net profit for October-December rose to 55.56 billion yen, according to Reuters calculations, from 21.3 billion a year earlier, helped by currency-related gains." - Reuters

So yeah... Nintendo turned a profit and it's fans...got ummm... nothing. Money has just been flowing out of consumer's hands into Nintendo's for no apparent reason. lol

P.S>> i dont think it's sad to be happy when evil corporations loose.
( Last edited by Hawkeye_a; Jan 29, 2006 at 04:08 AM. )

starman  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 30, 2006, 10:19 AM

If that makes you happy, then I know for a fact that you're a goddamn Nintendo fanboy. Why can't you appreciate EVERYTHING that ALL game manufacturers make and still criticize them for their mistakes? That's what SWG and I do, but you see it as "Nintendo bashing". The reason why you see it that way is because you're such a fanboy that anyone that says anything remotely negative about Nintendo is, in your eyes, a Nintendo hater. Hey, guess what, there are some people that can love a company and be critical about them too.....kinda like....APPLE.

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

starman  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 30, 2006, 10:20 AM

Nuff' said

Oh and as far as Nintendo(seeingas how you seem to have the need to redicule them in every gaming tread)..... they sold more GameCubes than Microsoft sold XBox360's over the holiday quarter. and...

"Consolidated net profit for October-December rose to 55.56 billion yen, according to Reuters calculations, from 21.3 billion a year earlier, helped by currency-related gains." - Reuters

So yeah... Nintendo turned a profit and it's fans...got ummm... nothing. Money has just been flowing out of consumer's hands into Nintendo's for no apparent reason. lol

P.S>> i dont think it's sad to be happy when evil corporations loose.

You know, if you're going to get all high and mighty, you might want to bring a dictionary.

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2006, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by starman
If that makes you happy, then I know for a fact that you're a goddamn Nintendo fanboy. Why can't you appreciate EVERYTHING that ALL game manufacturers make and still criticize them for their mistakes? That's what SWG and I do, but you see it as "Nintendo bashing". The reason why you see it that way is because you're such a fanboy that anyone that says anything remotely negative about Nintendo is, in your eyes, a Nintendo hater. Hey, guess what, there are some people that can love a company and be critical about them too.....kinda like....APPLE.
Look mate, i dont have a problem with any of the video game systems out there. what do have a problem with is you and SWFB who keep picking on Nintendo on anything and everything. that bugs the hell out of me. So it's you guys who need to be less fanboyish.

You call yourself rational ? ok...criticize the crappy PS2 controller. criticize the ugly XBox. criticize the PSPs lack of games, or the dismal launch and library of the XB360. then maybe i can take your criticizms of Nintendo as unbiased opinions. until then you guys are the fanboys.

Also, in case you forgot. i did mention Conker's bad fur day on the XBox and Shadow of the Collosus on the PS2 here i nthese forums. Now show me one instance where either you or

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 30, 2006, 07:05 PM

You call yourself rational ? ok...criticize the crappy PS2 controller. criticize the ugly XBox. criticize the PSPs lack of games, or the dismal launch and library of the XB360. then maybe i can take your criticizms of Nintendo as unbiased opinions. until then you guys are the fanboys.
I love the pS2 controller, much better than gamecubes. The original Xbox was ugly but the games looked great, the 360's launch titles were the best for any system. They also sold an incredible high 4 games to each system sold.

Remember the N64 launched with 2 games

Hawkeye_a
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 30, 2006, 07:06 PM

See what i mean. excuses galore for the shortcomings of Sony's and Microsoft's offerings, and then he bashes Nintendo. why ? cause he's a fanboy.
( Last edited by Hawkeye_a; Jan 30, 2006 at 07:12 PM. )

starman  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2006, 09:47 AM

See what i mean. excuses galore for the shortcomings of Sony's and Microsoft's offerings, and then he bashes Nintendo. why ? cause he's a fanboy.
Do you own an Xbox or a PS2?

I own:

PS1
PS2
Dreamcast
Xbox
Xbox 360
N64
Gamecube
DS
PSP

How the f--k am I a fanboy?

In the words of Capt. Kirk "we can despise him and admire him at the same time".

Why do you think a little CRITICISM towards Nintendo means "fanboy" of the other consoles?

driven
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by starman
Do you own an Xbox or a PS2?

In the words of Capt. Kirk "we can despise him and admire him at the same time".
Wow ... one I didn't know. When did Kirk say that?
- MacBook Air M2 16GB / 512GB
- MacBook Pro 16" i9 2.4Ghz 32GB / 1TB
- MacBook Pro 15" i7 2.9Ghz 16GB / 512GB
- iMac i5 3.2Ghz 1TB
- G4 Cube 500Mhz / Shelf display unit / Museum display

starman  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2006, 11:00 AM

Space Seed

driven
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2006, 11:01 AM

ahhhh .... thanks.
- MacBook Air M2 16GB / 512GB
- MacBook Pro 16" i9 2.4Ghz 32GB / 1TB
- MacBook Pro 15" i7 2.9Ghz 16GB / 512GB
- iMac i5 3.2Ghz 1TB
- G4 Cube 500Mhz / Shelf display unit / Museum display

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 31, 2006, 01:53 PM

Actually, if you read it right I clearly show that Microsoft making or losing money, the physical attractiveness or the Xbox have no relation to how good the games are. And like you said, it is all about the games.

At least I am able to admit any flaws it has, to you Nintendos flaws are baseless or excusable.

Also I STILL own:

NES
Original Gameboy
SNES
N64
Virtual Boy (sill have it)
PS2
PSP
GameCube
Gameboy SP

More Nintendo games you can ever imagine (prob about 100)

So share with me how that makes me a Microsoft and Sony fanboy.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2006, 01:58 PM

What I fail to understand is why people have this need to bash what other people decide to game on. I've had Nintendo systems, Sony systems, and Microsoft systems. I currently have an XBox 360 and like it so far. Oh, and I don't care what other people decide to buy. It's like bashing people for driving a different car than you. Who the hell cares? Buy what you want and enjoy it.

PBG4 User
Senior User
Jan 31, 2006, 02:15 PM

I'm totally digging Kameo and Hexic HD on my 360 (got it from CC.com on 12/13 ). I have PDZ and play online (haven't really played single player yet). PDZ has some cool Dark Ops online games, but I'm still having trouble switching from mouse/keyboard to game controller for aiming. Other then that, it's been a fun lag free gaming experience. I have noticed to vsync issues, but usually only on inside walls when a large portion of said wall is the same color.

Anyway, I can't wait for the new Ghost Recon and Gears of War to come out. Those games look killer.
20" iMac G5! :D AND MacBook 1.83GHz!
Canon Digital Rebel Kit + 75 - 300mm lens. Yum Yum! :D
Check out my OS X Musical Scales program

Leia's Left Bun
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 31, 2006, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa
What I fail to understand is why people have this need to bash what other people decide to game on. I've had Nintendo systems, Sony systems, and Microsoft systems. I currently have an XBox 360 and like it so far. Oh, and I don't care what other people decide to buy. It's like bashing people for driving a different car than you. Who the hell cares? Buy what you want and enjoy it.
I don't get why people feel they have to be exclusive to any one system and everything else must suck. I started off like that for years with Nintendo but after I got a PS2 I was so impressed I also got an Xbox. I'm damn glad I did.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2006, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Leia's Left Bun
I don't get why people feel they have to be exclusive to any one system and everything else must suck. I started off like that for years with Nintendo but after I got a PS2 I was so impressed I also got an Xbox. I'm damn glad I did.

That's my point.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2006, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by PBG4 User
I'm totally digging Kameo and Hexic HD on my 360 (got it from CC.com on 12/13 ). I have PDZ and play online (haven't really played single player yet). PDZ has some cool Dark Ops online games, but I'm still having trouble switching from mouse/keyboard to game controller for aiming. Other then that, it's been a fun lag free gaming experience. I have noticed to vsync issues, but usually only on inside walls when a large portion of said wall is the same color.

Anyway, I can't wait for the new Ghost Recon and Gears of War to come out. Those games look killer.
I love Hexic HD but my eyes are bleeding from trying to get the black pearl flower. I made a three black pearl cluster (finally) but don't know if I will able get SIX black pearls into a flower.

PBG4 User
Senior User
Jan 31, 2006, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa
I love Hexic HD but my eyes are bleeding from trying to get the black pearl flower. I made a three black pearl cluster (finally) but don't know if I will able get SIX black pearls into a flower.
Dude, I HAD the six pearls to make the pearl flower, but I made a combo which caused a pearl cluster to form. I was *holds fingers a 1/4 inch apart* this close to finally making a damn Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah flower.

I finally have a decent system for making stars now at least. If I could just stop collapsing them!
20" iMac G5! :D AND MacBook 1.83GHz!
Canon Digital Rebel Kit + 75 - 300mm lens. Yum Yum! :D
Check out my OS X Musical Scales program

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2006, 03:54 PM

I like Centipede. With the track ball. Blowing up the dude with your space ship.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Apr 29, 2006, 04:16 PM

I am really looking forward to E3 this year.

I'm interested in the Nintendo Wii release, but the thing I really want to hear about is the Xbox 360 HD-DVD add-on drive, which has already been confirmed for E3.

I'm very impressed with the implementation of many of the media features on the Xbox 360. I hope the HD-DVD add-on is similarly well-implemented and reasonably priced.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 29, 2006, 06:50 PM

So far, I like my xbox 360. However, they can do better in-terms of fan noise and expensive accessories.

Forum Links
Forum Rules