Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > SimpleBleep driving me crazzzzzy...Help

SimpleBleep driving me crazzzzzy...Help
DNA man
Senior User
Jun 8, 2001, 05:30 AM

Hi All,
I hope some one can help me with this frustrating problem I�m having with my Pismo.
The problem is� not being able to chose an alert sound other than SimpleBleep that will remain after shut down or restart. If I select say Submarine, after starting up Pismo, it�s changed back to SimpleBleep . Argh!!! This never used to be a problem and I think it started to happen after installing Iomega Zip drive software of iTunes.
Any thoughts on this matter would gratefully received.
By the way, I�m running OS 9.04. I don�t know if this OS has strange preferences to ignore the preferences of it�s owner!Hi All,
I hope some one can help me with this frustrating problem I�m having with my Pismo.
The problem is� not being able to chose an alert sound other than SimpleBleep that will remain after shut down or restart.If I select say Submarine, after starting up Pismo, it�s changed back to SimpleBleep. Argh!!! This never used to be a problem and I think it started to happen after installing Iomega Zip drive software of iTunes.
Any thoughts on this matter would gratefully received. By the way, I�m running OS 9.04. I don�t know if this OS has strange preferences to ignore the preferences of it�s owner!

By the way if any one knows how to remove unwanted ISP names from the control strip short cut for Remote access, I be grateful too.

Many thanks,
DNA man

Also, if any one knows how to remove unwanted ISP names from the control strip short cut for Remote access, I be grateful too.

Many thanks,
DNA man

[ 06-08-2001: Message edited by: DNA man ]

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Jun 8, 2001, 07:59 AM

It sounds like you need to trash your sound preferences file. It may be corrupt. Drag it to the trash, restart your Pismo, empy the trash, reset your sound preferences (in the sound control panel, including your new alert sound), then restart and see what happens on start up.

The only way I know of getting rid of ISPs in your remote access control strip is deleting them. If that's what you want to do, open remote access, go file->configuration... and then delete the ones you don't want.

Hope that helped!

DNA man  (op)
Senior User
Jun 8, 2001, 04:15 PM

Originally posted by bradoesch:
<STRONG>It sounds like you need to trash your sound preferences file. It may be corrupt. Drag it to the trash, restart your Pismo, empy the trash, reset your sound preferences (in the sound control panel, including your new alert sound), then restart and see what happens on start up.

The only way I know of getting rid of ISPs in your remote access control strip is deleting them. If that's what you want to do, open remote access, go file-&gt;configuration... and then delete the ones you don't want.

Hope that helped! </STRONG>
Many thanks Bradoesch, those suggestions both worked a treat! Thanks for your help.
DNA man
<font color = red> </font>

[ 06-08-2001: Message edited by: DNA man ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules