Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Late 2007 iMac—Waking from Sleep Issue

Late 2007 iMac—Waking from Sleep Issue
ghporter
Administrator
Jun 7, 2008, 09:04 PM

For the second time, just moments ago, my iMac didn't wake from sleep. It took pulling the power cord for a moment to get it to restart; no keyboard input, nor any pushing of the power button had any effect.

Has anyone had this happen to them before? Is this an indication that I need to reset something?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

ghporter  (op)
Administrator
Jun 12, 2008, 04:52 PM

Well something slightly different happened this afternoon. When I tapped the spacebar to wake the iMac, I got a blocky set of black or white lines across the monitor (and the second monitor), but the mouse pointer was still active—at least for a while. Then everything froze and I had to unplug the iMac and then plug it back in and restart.

I posted about a similar "wake from sleep" issue in May here

Any ideas at all?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Daracle
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 23, 2008, 02:55 PM

Just wondering if you have some software that shares out your iTunes music to others.
Sorry, I can't remember the name but it is a fairly popular app that give you the ability to share out music to those you have on a "friends list".
When I had this app installed, my iMac was having major issues waking from sleep and also booting up....To the point where sometimes it would not rememdy it by even unplugging it.
I eventually uninstalled the app and the machine has been running fine since.

Just a shot in the dark.
Who reads this???

Forum Links
Forum Rules