Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PowerBook 17" available in Taiwan (March 28th)

PowerBook 17" available in Taiwan (March 28th)
erichen
Forum Regular
Mar 14, 2003, 12:46 PM

Blair,

I've cancelled my order from Apple Store for more than a week now! Because currently I'm in Taipei and I won't be back to LA till end of April (I can't wait for that long!) So I've decided to purchase my 17" PowerBook here! Today the major authorized Apple dealer told me that the first shipments will be in on the 27th of this month, and they will get their share on the following day........

Good news to all of you in the states, even though these PowerBooks are manufacturing here, but they have to send back to Cupertino, CA before shipping else where, that means Apple should receive the shipments around the 20th~

I also received my 17" Brenthaven case today via U.S. Express Mail.....what a wonderful day! (the case is kind of big though!)

~Eric
http://homepage.mac.com/erichen

doyouflip
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 14, 2003, 01:06 PM

Hey Eric,

Any chance you can take pictures of that case? I've been curious about it, but have only been able to find one picture of it so far. Anything more would be much appreciated!

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Mar 14, 2003, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by doyouflip:
Hey Eric,

Any chance you can take pictures of that case? I've been curious about it, but have only been able to find one picture of it so far. Anything more would be much appreciated!
I have had my case for about two weeks now, ordered it on-line and got it in the mail in 3 days.

I carry my books in it and I have to say the quality is AWESOME!
Ballistic Nylon rules.

Many compartments for all your needs.
I'd take pictures but, no camera.

-M

Dougmc
Forum Regular
Mar 14, 2003, 02:35 PM

I'm anxious to receive my new Brenthaven case...it's been backordered since I placed the order for it around 2/21. I've ordered the backpack (not sure if that's the same that you've already received or not).

Great news on the PowerBooks as well.
17" PowerBook (delivered 4/2/2003) | www.mcschooler.com

erichen  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 14, 2003, 02:42 PM

Originally posted by doyouflip:
Hey Eric,

I need your e-mail address so I can send you photos of my 17" Brenthaven case!

~Eric
[email protected]

OSXFreak
Mar 14, 2003, 02:51 PM

erichen,

I'd be extremely grateful if you would send your photos of the brenthaven to me too... at [email protected]

TIA
I merely like XP; I'm having a passionate love affair with OS X

erichen  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 14, 2003, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by OSXFreak:
erichen,

I'd be extremely grateful if you would send your photos of the brenthaven to me too... at [email protected]

TIA
Hey Chris,

I've sent the photos to your e-mail address, tomorrow I'll take another set of photos with the 17" case next to the 15" case (both from Brenthaven) just to give you an idea how big this one is......as for the 12" case, the actual case (exterior) is exactly the same as the 15" except it has a smaller inner sleeve!

~Eric

swsteckly
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 14, 2003, 03:51 PM

The best case IMO is the Waterfield 17" Racer-X case. The quality is outstanding, and it seems to be the perfect size. With the 15" version (which I've had for two years), I thouht that the front compartment was the least bit cramped, but with the added girth of the 17" version, it is just perfect. The price is right, too: $129 USD. They have already shipped the early pre-orders (like mine), but I think new orders are going to be a week or two (don't quote me on that).

badnewsblair
Senior User
Mar 14, 2003, 05:01 PM

Eric,
That's great! Let's hope the Apple guys aren't yanking your chain. And you better give me some solid pictures and reviews since you'll definitely get yours before mine! Keep in touch buddy. Hope your travels are going well for you (it sounds like they are). Byebye!
[ 15 inch Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo ][ 20 inch Intel iMac 2 GB RAM / 256 MB ATI XT 1600 ][ iPhone OG (3GS on Reservation)][ White iPod 5th Gen. 60GB ]

TiUser
Mar 15, 2003, 06:33 AM

Eric,
Please keep us posted about the 17". By the way, those are really nice pictures on your web site. Can you tell me what camera/software you're using as I am thinking about moving up from my Olympus 2.1 mp camera?

erichen  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 15, 2003, 07:54 AM

Originally posted by TiUser:
Eric,
Please keep us posted about the 17". By the way, those are really nice pictures on your web site. Can you tell me what camera/software you're using as I am thinking about moving up from my Olympus 2.1 mp camera?

TiUser~

I used Sony DSC-F707 (5 Mega-pixel) for those shots...
I like the pro functions it offers, most of all the Carl-Zeiss lens!

~Eric

Forum Links
Forum Rules