Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > RTCW 1.41 Problem

RTCW 1.41 Problem
OSXFreak
Apr 9, 2003, 05:56 PM

Help! Installed the retail version of RTCW yesterday into my Applications folder. Immediately ran the 1.41 beta patch, but it only ever gets to the 8th file then fails with "installation did not complete successfully. Do you wish to attempt to rinstall the software or quit?". Have retried with no success.

What can be wrong? I've run disk repair to no avail. I'm running 10.2.4 on a PB 17.
I merely like XP; I'm having a passionate love affair with OS X

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Apr 9, 2003, 08:23 PM

Originally posted by OSXFreak:
Help! Installed the retail version of RTCW yesterday into my Applications folder. Immediately ran the 1.41 beta patch, but it only ever gets to the 8th file then fails with "installation did not complete successfully. Do you wish to attempt to rinstall the software or quit?". Have retried with no success.

What can be wrong? I've run disk repair to no avail. I'm running 10.2.4 on a PB 17.
Wow, that's a new one...I'd recommend restarting, deleting RtCW entirely, re-installing RtCW, and then try re-installing the patch...have you tried this already?

Also, are you using THIS patch ?
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

OSXFreak  (op)
Apr 10, 2003, 01:44 AM

Originally posted by AssassyN:
Wow, that's a new one...I'd recommend restarting, deleting RtCW entirely, re-installing RtCW, and then try re-installing the patch...have you tried this already?

Also, are you using THIS patch ?
Yeah, thats the exact patch I'm using - with a shrink wrapped RTCW bought from PCWorld. Only thing I can think of is it wanted to install to my home directory by default, which I changed to the applications folder (seems reasonable?). I thought maybe I was having problems because this is a beta, but it seems you're not experiencing these issues.
I merely like XP; I'm having a passionate love affair with OS X

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Apr 10, 2003, 07:27 AM

Originally posted by OSXFreak:
Yeah, thats the exact patch I'm using - with a shrink wrapped RTCW bought from PCWorld. Only thing I can think of is it wanted to install to my home directory by default, which I changed to the applications folder (seems reasonable?). I thought maybe I was having problems because this is a beta, but it seems you're not experiencing these issues.
Hmm...you're right, I'm not experiencing those issues you are. I installed RtCW to my applications folder, and then directed the patch to install there as well, and I never had a moment's trouble. So I take it you're still having the issue? You may want to try re-downloading the patch, as some bits of the file may have gotten corrupted in transport. Good luck man, hope it gets to working soon!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Forum Links
Forum Rules