Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Steve already using iPhone??!!

Steve already using iPhone??!!
buymeaniphone
Banned
Mar 8, 2007, 10:08 AM

Apparently Steve has been using his iPhone while out and about, this pic is of him at his son's soccer game. This is what the guy who took the photo said

"Yes, the photo is for real, and yes it is an iPhone that he was talking on, or at least it was the same size and shape. He took it out of his pocket to make calls using the touchscreen."

Does anyone else find it strange that he's wearing his "keynote" black turtle neck and jeans?

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Mar 8, 2007, 02:43 PM

yeah in an interview he did on cnbc he said he has been using it for a while
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 8, 2007, 04:28 PM

Waaa, SJ gets all the cool toys.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Dark_Lotus
Forum Regular
Mar 8, 2007, 07:13 PM

I wish I had a son that was on the same soccer team as his son...

Bob Marley
Mar 8, 2007, 07:42 PM

*reloads rifle*.
Lets see what we can do about it.

Sub
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 8, 2007, 08:07 PM

That is a hell of a photoshop.

Nodnarb
Mac Elite
Mar 8, 2007, 10:56 PM

Besides sub, does everyone else think it's real?

You even said it yourself: He is wearing the black turtleneck and jeans! You really think he'd wear that to his sons soccer game and stand it that awkward position by himself near a fence listening to music and talking on the phone?

Really? Look at that thing!

However, I wouldn't find it hard to believe the fact that he does have a usable iPhone that he uses often.

Cloud
Mar 9, 2007, 12:33 AM

Coming from a graphic design background I can tell you that Steve's proportion is a significant size smaller than the gentlemen in the middle of the picture. Steve looks like he's 5'7" and 130lbs. He's about the size of the fence!

Also look at the blur marks on his left shoulder.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 9, 2007, 01:32 AM

the person who did the ps job sucked. look at the shadows. steves goes from left to right and the other shadows go right to left, or this is how i see them anyways

-a

C.A.T.S. CEO
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2007, 09:55 AM

photoshop, from a non-experienced stand point that img looks real, but now I see its most likely faked
Signature depreciated.

buymeaniphone  (op)
Banned
Mar 9, 2007, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
Coming from a graphic design background I can tell you that Steve's proportion is a significant size smaller than the gentlemen in the middle of the picture. Steve looks like he's 5'7" and 130lbs. He's about the size of the fence!
What if the guy in the middle of the picture is 6'2, that would make steve look a little smaller dont you think?
I'm a graphic designer and theres nothing in this photo that conclusively tells me its a photoshoppped fake. I think theres a bigger chance that hes just using an iPod.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Mar 9, 2007, 11:34 AM

Does it really matter?

If it's fake, well duh.

If not, we learn Steve is using an iPhone. Duh again, because we already know he has been using it in the past. He's probably not the only guy at Apple who's using it. What do you think the engineers are doing? Of course, they might not be able to do it at their kid's soccer game though.

Really, who cares?

Cloud
Mar 9, 2007, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by buymeaniphone View Post
What if the guy in the middle of the picture is 6'2, that would make steve look a little smaller dont you think?
I'm a graphic designer and theres nothing in this photo that conclusively tells me its a photoshoppped fake. I think theres a bigger chance that hes just using an iPod.
If the person in the middle is in fact 6'2" then the person behind HIM should be about the same size as Steve. However judging from video fees and interviews... he looks a bit BIGGER and TALLER than depicted in this photo.

BTW my reply to this post has nothing to do with Steve using the iphone here. He could very well be listening to an ipod. Although I don't see why he would be using an ipod here at his sons game.... If I were at my sons game I'd have my full attention on the game. I could listen to my ipod any other time.

earthlings
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 9, 2007, 09:27 PM

Well, Steve probably has an iphone even if this photo was photoshoped.

papadopolis
Forum Regular
Mar 10, 2007, 01:22 AM

this would not even be legal the iPhone has not been FCC approved it prob. just an iPod, he prob. has like 100 of them..... but he did say in an interveiw that he was not able to take it out in public untill now (it was like the day after teh keynote)

earthlings
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 10, 2007, 01:30 AM

true

Simon
Posting Junkie
Mar 10, 2007, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by papadopolis View Post
this would not even be legal the iPhone has not been FCC approved it prob.
They're not selling the device yet. There must be some legal way to run a not yet FCC approved device for testing. And BTW, Steve used the iPhone at WWDC to call Jonathan Ive. They didn't have FCC approval then either.

That said, I'm far from convinced the pic and story are true though.

red rocket
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2007, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by papadopolis
this would not even be legal the iPhone has not been FCC approved it prob. just an iPod, he prob. has like 100 of them..... but he did say in an interveiw that he was not able to take it out in public untill now (it was like the day after teh keynote)
It's Steve Jobs, I don't think he's going, OMFG, I hope teh piggies don't arrest me 'coz I don't have FCC approval 4 my iPhone!

If he wants to use his iPhone, who's there to stop him?

Jobs=God, remember?

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2007, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by papadopolis View Post
If its a working prototype it doesn't need FCC approval.
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Mar 21, 2007, 10:46 AM

Its good to be king.

No doubt he's using it. I'm sure there are several people in Apple actively using prototypes in the real world. So would someone please find them and steal their phones.

Wouldn't that be crazy. "Apple Fanboy Mob Steals Prototype iPhone. Jobs Left Unmolested."
( Last edited by JoshuaZ; Mar 21, 2007 at 10:46 AM. Reason: I can't spell good.)

Forum Links
Forum Rules