Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Hebrew file names on ipod mini

Hebrew file names on ipod mini
SSharon
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2005, 03:46 PM

I am looking for a way to have my ipod mini display hebrew song names, but not have all the menus in hebrew. So far I have found only one ipod update that adds hebrew support (although I don't know if it changes the menus) but it is only available for the full size ipod. I think there was a link that would have worked with the mini, but the updater was for windows only. So if your hebrew is better than mine, take a look here and tell me if I am missing the obvious.

In short. Hebrew track names (but not menus) for iPod Mini.

Thanks in advance.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

MacManMikeOSX
Senior User
Mar 16, 2005, 06:24 PM

Zeh gam bisvil mini akhi. (lfakhot zzeh n'emar)

SSharon  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2005, 06:48 PM

That updater still does not recognize my mini.

MacManMikeOSX
Senior User
Mar 16, 2005, 09:54 PM

This is because it thinks you mini is up-to-date, you have to restore it this wipes all your files though and you have to reload all your music. If you problem is something other then I suggest that you contact to the authors of the program.

SSharon  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 16, 2005, 09:57 PM

I erased my ipod and tried this but the ipod updater application crashed and its stuck on my screen. I can't force quit it and killing its PID did nothing. I also can't logout. I will have to restart, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
I will keep trying though, thanks for the replies.

MacManMikeOSX
Senior User
Mar 17, 2005, 04:02 PM

That's odd I tried it on mione worked just fine other from all the writing in hebrew is backward.

saltines17
Senior User
Sep 1, 2005, 08:43 AM

any update on this? i have the same problem, and before i try this and erase everything on my ipod, i'd like to make sure it works... you say the writing in hebrew is backward? so if i entered "edcba" on my computer (from right to left) in hebrew, it would read "abcde" (in hebrew) on the ipod?

SSharon  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2005, 11:15 AM

Thanks for bringing the thread back I had really given up. The original link I gave no longer works but it seems they redid the site and it looks nice. Still no Mac software though, but if you have a PC here is the new site http://www.hebpod.info/downloads.htm

edit: I just read a bit more carefully and it seems this may not be free. I have no idea what point system they are using but it looks like you have an option between 3000 points or 25 shekels via credit card. 25 shekels is pretty cheap and if they had a Mac version I'm sure I would get it.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Sep 2, 2005, 08:43 PM

Nice to know about

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

saltines17
Senior User
Sep 3, 2005, 10:50 AM

I'm thinking of just formatting my iPod as a PC disc so I can use this software. Is there any point to having it Mac formatted, since PCs can't read that but I can read PC drives?

Forum Links
Forum Rules