Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Customizing iBook at the Apple store?

Customizing iBook at the Apple store?
qkslvr
May 31, 2005, 11:19 PM

Hi there,
It's my first time posting here, and I know it's a newbie question, but hopefully you can help out.

I'm picking up my first Apple tomorrow, and am still deciding between whether I want an iBook, or a Powerbook, and the main decision is if that I want to add memory, Bluetooth, Airport, etc. will they be able to add it in store? Or will I have to order online wih those specs and have it shipped?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 1, 2005, 07:25 PM

i wouldn't buy memory from apple, as they jack up the prices. buy online and install it yourself.

good luck

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

qkslvr  (op)
Jun 1, 2005, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by nredman
i wouldn't buy memory from apple, as they jack up the prices. buy online and install it yourself.

good luck
Got the Powerbook anyway... On it right now.

TimothyJay
Jun 1, 2005, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by qkslvr
....if that I want to add memory, Bluetooth, Airport, etc. will they be able to add it in store? Or will I have to order online wih those specs and have it shipped?.
they will do the upgrades in the store, however, there may be a few hours wait depending on how busy the store is. when i had bought an ibook before, i was asked if i wanted any add on upgrades, which would be ready by the end of the day. they said they had other products that needed to be upgraded/tend to before mine, so i decided to just get it how it was and upgraded it myself.

store prices reflects those in their online store, so whether you get it from the apple store or online, it'll be the same price. if you have an apple store near by, get it from there so you dont have to bother with the wait.

Forum Links
Forum Rules