Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Can't Capture Full Web Page With PDF

Can't Capture Full Web Page With PDF
bergy
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2004, 06:33 PM

I thought you could capture a full web page even if it was longer than your screen view if you saved as a pdf. I just tried that with an online bank statement in Safari and it didn't work ...

Update: Well, this is interesting .. I just tried it in Internet Explorer and it worked. But it won't save the full page in Safari ... do I have a bug report???
Tiger 10.4.8

drive-thru
Senior User
Aug 3, 2004, 07:16 PM

Are you trying to do this using screen capture?

Try Print>Save As PDF from within Safari.

bergy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2004, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by drive-thru:
Are you trying to do this using screen capture?

Try Print>Save As PDF from within Safari.
That is what I did ... and it only saved the screen. Then I tried the same thing in explorer and it worked ... would it have something to do with the web site?
Tiger 10.4.8

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 4, 2004, 01:22 AM

Print->Save as PDF should work with Safari and any web page. If the web site is larger than one page it will create a multi page PDF.

If you're using OmniWeb you can go to File->Save as... and then hold down the option key. The command will then become File->Save as PDF... and you can save as a single page PDF with a page that is large enough to hold the whole web site.
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

philm
Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2004, 05:37 AM

I think that this is a Safari printing problem rather than a PDF problem as such. I find that for some websites, if I print them out, I only get the first page. I need to go to one of the other browsers to be able to print out the whole site.

I suspect that if you try and print this web page (rather than make a PDF) you will find that the first page only prints, and as PDF creation is essentially just an extension of printing, this is why you are getting the PDF problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules