Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > B A R Honda vs. Williams BMW in F1

B A R Honda vs. Williams BMW in F1
MrForgetable
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2004, 03:04 AM

Over Jenson Button

Last 20 stories on FoxSportsNet Formula 1 page or MSNBC's are all on BAR Honda and Williams BMW dispute over Button. I think the story is that BUtton and Williams found a loop hole in the Honda contract that if Honda does not sign Button by August 5th 2004 then any team could have access to him and sign him. But Honda insists that Button is binded by their contract until 2007. So now 2 teams have binding contracts to Jenson Button, oh what has the world come to. Come back for Mika Hakkinen anyone??
iamwhor3hay

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2004, 04:04 AM

Button?, no thanks, much media thing.

I had heard about Mika�s back, now that would be a total shock !

s2000... gorgeous car you have !

MrForgetable  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2004, 03:23 AM

heh. i'm 15. i don't own an S2000. but i'm friends with many S2000 owners over at www.s2ki.com Been on a couple of meets. go on rides at night with my friend (there was still traffic on the freeway at 11pm at night O_O)

at the latest big S2000 meet
i'm a diehard Honda fan, so I'm a little mad that Button left(wants to leave) for BMW =/
iamwhor3hay

frownyfrank
Forum Regular
Aug 8, 2004, 05:07 PM

If there's anyone to roll your eyes at, it's the two knuckleheads who have been behind the beemers. Montoya has added up to zero, except way too much drama on the track. And the lesser Schumacher will always be in his brother's shadow, and is perpetually slow.

So if Williams has an option for their good old friend Button, who actually brings the car home, and quickly, I don't blame them for going after him. He's probably making BAR look better than they really are. Personally I'm cheering for him to be traded, as BAR is still a dead end, as much as I'd like to believe otherwise.

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 05:28 PM

I hate David Richards for what he did to Jacques. One good stab in the back deserves another.

Good on Jenson. Now we have two "super teams" next year. McLaren are probably the considerably better one with two amazing drivers in Juan and Kimi and Williams are going to be right there with Webber and Jense.

Looking forward to Ferrari losing (hopefully).

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2004, 05:39 PM

Originally posted by Agasthya:
Looking forward to Ferrari losing (hopefully).
Welcome to my ignore list!
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Aug 8, 2004, 05:48 PM

Originally posted by Developer:
Welcome to my ignore list!

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Aug 8, 2004, 06:12 PM

Montoya is actually a good driver it's Williams engineers that let the team down. The car looks bad ass but its reliability and performance is terrible. Put Montoya in the Ferrari and he would be amazing. Even though it won't happen anytime soon I think that to be the case IMHO. This coming from a die hard Ferrari fan.
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 8, 2004, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by Agasthya:
You will regret it eventually. Someday I will say something really great, and you will not be able to read it.
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

Forum Links
Forum Rules