Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Dual Display w/MBP = Superwhine

Dual Display w/MBP = Superwhine
Peligro
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 13, 2006, 05:00 AM

Anyone else try hooking up their MBP's to a TV?

I did and the whine is mega loud! I was thinking that its probably the processor going into overhaul since it is displaying two images. Would that be a good guess?

Also...I had front row crash when i closed the lid. That kinda sucks. I haven't tried it again. But i think i will most likely have issues with the lid closed.

hookem2oo7
Senior User
May 13, 2006, 02:36 PM

about this "whine"....

i have a pc with a radeon x700 pci-e card in it. it whines like no tomorrow. i wonder if the whines are related (the MBP video whine that is...not the processor whine)...

when i have dual monitors plugged in, it whines REALLY loud

Peligro  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2006, 04:05 AM

at first i wasn't sure if it was the coming from the speakers but im positive it isnt. When it is about to play a video or when im shuffling thru songs in front row it quiets down for a bit. mine is very loud too. very loud. I dont think this is the whine that most people are talking about.

Forum Links
Forum Rules