Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP wierd morphing thing!

MBP wierd morphing thing!
HazelGirl
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 27, 2006, 01:25 AM

I know that this has been discussed before but I don't know how to search for it and I actually have to start packing....lol. Anyway, forgive my starting a new thread about it....I just noticed that my mbp has morphed! It's wierd! Right above where the disc drive is, it is bent! it's really noticeable when you close it because above it, it's straight! Is this soething I should be worried about??? Should I call and complain? go to the store? Is this something that is inevitable for all mbps? Can this be replaced? I really dont' wanna send mine back in because school is about to start and I need my computer! I just got it back not too long ago for a replacement screen! What are you experiences with this problem? I will check in after I am finished packing......TIA
Mac Mini G4 1.33 Ghz:40GBhf, 512MBRAM, 32MBVRAM
MBP 15.4' 2.33Ghz:160GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
iMac 24' 2.4 Ghz, 300GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
80GB iPod Classic (black)

Peligro
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 27, 2006, 05:18 AM

Are you talking about the part where your hand rests? Maybe its that battery bulge problem some folks have reported. They have a story about it at TUAW. Maybe you have that? Is everything else okay? Any shutdowns? Is the Disc drive doing what it does?

HazelGirl  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 27, 2006, 05:50 AM

Everything else works fine except I have had a couple kernel panicks. Yes, its the area where my right hand rests....right above the DVD drive. I will check out the bulge thingy and see if that's it.

Edit: I just looked up battery bulge and that's definitely not the problem. My problem is that the area above the disc drive is sagging...its kinda sunken in. When I close the lid on my mbp, there is quite a gap there because that area has sunken in. I dunno how that could have happened! i know I have seen a picture of it somewhere but I don't recall what thread that was....I dunno what the name of the problem is, I can only kind of describe it. I don't hav emy camera with me, but when I get home, I'll take a pic and post it.

HazelGirl  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 28, 2006, 03:56 AM

Hopefully this pic clarifies what I was saying....is this something that eventually affects all mbps? SHould I go tot he store?
( Last edited by ghporter; Dec 28, 2006 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Fixed extra tags that got pasted in...)

Forum Links
Forum Rules