Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Classic Print jobs are delayed 5 hours

Classic Print jobs are delayed 5 hours
Larry767
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2003, 12:07 AM

I have a G4 running OS X 10.2.4. I'm also running PageMaker 7.0.1 in Classic mode and something weird just started happening. When I print from PageMaker to my Xerox USB printer, the document does not print immediately. When I check the printmonitor I find that the document is scheduled to print 5 hours from when I told it to. I have tried everything and can't figure out why it is doing that. Any ideas? I've never seen this before and I've used Macs for 13 years!

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Apr 10, 2003, 09:01 AM

Talk about going and getting a coffee while something prints... You could get a coffee, wash your car, clean the house, and do laundry in that timeframe.

Larry767  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2003, 12:47 PM

I booted into OS 9 today to test it and printing works fine there. My date and time settings are in sync between OS X and 9 so I don't think this had anything to do with daylight savings time.

I deleted all desktop printers and trashed all prefs in OS 9. Then, I booted back into OS X and deleted my printer and readded it. Still, when I print from a Classic application, the job is scheduled to print 5 hours in the future. This is frustrating.

Jobs from OS X apps print normally and if I reschedule the job stuck in Classic's printmonitor it prints fine too.

Any ideas?

Arkham_c
Mac Elite
Apr 11, 2003, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by Larry767:
I booted into OS 9 today to test it and printing works fine there. My date and time settings are in sync between OS X and 9 so I don't think this had anything to do with daylight savings time.

I deleted all desktop printers and trashed all prefs in OS 9. Then, I booted back into OS X and deleted my printer and readded it. Still, when I print from a Classic application, the job is scheduled to print 5 hours in the future. This is frustrating.

Jobs from OS X apps print normally and if I reschedule the job stuck in Classic's printmonitor it prints fine too.

Any ideas?
Make sure you have your timezone set correctly. It could be that OSX is in EST and Classic is in GMT, for example.
Mac Pro 2x 2.66 GHz Dual core, Apple TV 160GB, two Windows XP PCs

Bobby
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 16, 2003, 05:19 PM

Perhaps this was Apple's attemt as to how far ahead OS X is from Classic...

Forum Links
Forum Rules