Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Assistance for a Mac Newb

Assistance for a Mac Newb
raf66
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 13, 2009, 01:52 PM

Hi everyone. Got an iMac 20" with wireless mouse and keyboard back in January of this year and so far have had no problems and I'm really enjoying the switch from Windows. However, a problem has reared its ugly head and it's preventing me from using the computer.

Yesterday my wireless keyboard flashed a low battery signal and before I could change the batteries it lost its bluetooth connection. While changing the batteries the computer went to the screensaver mode, which I've got set to require my password to get back in. After replacing the batteries with new ones (and after going through about 15 of them) the keyboard does nothing but flash twice. I therefore cannot get in to the computer to try and diagnose the problem because I cannot use the keyboard to type in!!!

I'm wondering if the wireless keyboard cannot connect since I'm not signed in to the computer. I've done a hard reboot on the computer (manually turning it off and back on) but it doesn't help. Is there an alternative way to get into the computer? Is there an alternative way to enter the password? Can you guys help?

Thanks.

raf66  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 13, 2009, 02:44 PM

Problem solved. I thought I had turned it off from the power button yesterday evening but I tried it again AND disconnected the power supply then turned it all back on again and everything was fine.

dimmer
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 13, 2009, 02:47 PM

This may help: Desktop computers: Troubleshooting wireless keyboard and mouse issues

(Also, it may not, but it's information...)

Forum Links
Forum Rules