Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Apple releases OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update

Apple releases OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Oct 3, 2013, 04:47 PM

As anticipated, Apple has released a Supplemental Update for OS X 10.8.5. The patch fixes a bug that prevented some apps from recognizing the FaceTime HD camera on the 2013 MacBook Air, plus two issues related to OS X's sleep mode: one would cause external drives to be ejected after a Mac went to sleep, while another silenced HDMI audio after waking. The update also copes with some USB Bluetooth adapters not functioning.

Bundled with the code is a maintenance release for iTunes, v11.1.1. It improves stability, and solves problems with deleted podcasts as well as iTunes Extras failing to display properly. Mac owners can download the Supplemental Update via Software Update; iTunes 11.1.1 is also available as a separate Windows download.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Oct 3, 2013 at 04:49 PM. )

Ham Sandwich
Oct 3, 2013, 09:59 PM

Whoa... that (hard drive ejected after computer goes to sleep) actually happened to me earlier today, that was weird, I had never seen the computer just decide to re-boot when I re-open the lid.

I'll have to give this a try.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2013, 02:42 AM

Unless you're booting from an external drive, this issue shouldn't cause a restart.

Ham Sandwich
Oct 4, 2013, 09:42 AM

Oh...?

Well then Apple better release a second supplemental update to fix whatever that was.

Ham Sandwich
Oct 6, 2013, 06:20 PM

Uh....

It happened again, even after the 10.8.5. Supplemental Update.

All I did was I had the computer sleep for 6 hours.

I open the lid, the gray screen comes on, the Apple logo shows up, and the system eventually shows the desktop, like it rebooted itself.

Is this normal? It just started doing this right before I installed the update.

Forum Links
Forum Rules