Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Heroes Season Premier

Heroes Season Premier (Page 2)
Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 26, 2007, 03:37 AM

really disliked this episode :/
we don't have time to stop for gas

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2007, 04:15 AM

Ok, Claire's friend is probably Sylar, who killed Candace and took her power. Now he's just messing with Claire and her family because he wants revenge.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2007, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
Ok, Claire's friend is probably Sylar, who killed Candace and took her power. Now he's just messing with Claire and her family because he wants revenge.
Not sure he's Sylar, but I don't like Claire's friend. He is a bad guy.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2007, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by wallinbl View Post
Not sure he's Sylar, but I don't like Claire's friend. He is a bad guy.
The plot twists for the first ep seem kind of... sophomoric. So I'm betting my money on Sylar.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 26, 2007, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
That he does. I feel like the flying should mean something though. Another illegitimate child of Nathan's? Something more Freudian?
Hmmm, interesting.
The only thing I didn't like about his flying was that I thought, "awww, flying. We've seen that one already."
I was hoping to see some crazy new powers.

So what's Maya's power?
When I saw all the dead people I had this thought of, "Oh God, I hope she isn't another split personality girl". In my opinion, that split personality lady in season 1 was the least interesting part of the story.
( Last edited by mdc; Sep 26, 2007 at 10:49 AM. Reason: fixed spelling)

Mithras
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2007, 10:39 AM

Agreed. Unfortunately, it seems a possibility, insofar as she was weeping and asking, "What have I done?"

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2007, 10:54 AM

What are the powers of Angela Petrelli and Kaito Nakamura?

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2007, 11:11 AM

We don't know yet. For some reason, there's something i don't like/trust about ms. petrelli.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Sep 26, 2007, 11:15 AM

The plot twists for the first ep seem kind of... sophomoric. So I'm betting my money on Sylar.
Sylar isn't that conniving. If he found out where Claire was and had that kind of easy access to her, it would be off with her scalp in an instant. And besides, the previews show that Sylar has gone into some sort of alternate reality, or at the very least, is being taken on some sort of journey of discovery.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2007, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
For some reason, there's something i don't like/trust about ms. petrelli.
Because she did many things to prevent the saving of the world, including some rather lousy things to her own kids? I was surprised to see Nathan around her this season.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2007, 11:59 AM

NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2007, 02:03 PM

Because she did many things to prevent the saving of the world, including some rather lousy things to her own kids? I was surprised to see Nathan around her this season.
Yeah, it could have something to do with that. But most of that was when I thought she was just a controlling mother who knew nothing of her kids' powers and stuff.

But she knows about it all, and obviously has a very deep connection to that whole word (which hopefully we'll learn more about soon) but she's still just a bitch and I'm not sure what her end-game is (is she looking out for herself? for her kids? for the fate of the world? for the company?) It's 99% not for her kids or the world's sake, so I'm not sure what is going on there.

Nodnarb  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2007, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by iREZ View Post

I never really understood that, and I think we actually discussed this in the last heroes thread no less: why do we need to put a spoiler tag when discussing a show? If someone has not seen the latest episode, why visit a thread called "heroes season premier"? Otherwise, 99% of the past and future posts in this thread are going to need a spoiler tag.

It's not the same as a movie thread, where you go to find people's opinions and stuff or whether or not to see the movie (if someone gives a detailed plot outline in that thread, it should be spoiler tagged). But for a thread/show like this, discussion of details is a neccessity. I do not think spoiler tags apply here.

scottiB
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2007, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
I never really understood that, and I think we actually discussed this in the last heroes thread no less: why do we need to put a spoiler tag when discussing a show? If someone has not seen the latest episode, why visit a thread called "heroes season premier"? Otherwise, 99% of the past and future posts in this thread are going to need a spoiler tag.

It's not the same as a movie thread, where you go to find people's opinions and stuff or whether or not to see the movie (if someone gives a detailed plot outline in that thread, it should be spoiler tagged). But for a thread/show like this, discussion of details is a neccessity. I do not think spoiler tags apply here.
No. He means that there are posts that have been made as conjecture up thread that are actually spoilers.
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 26, 2007, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by iREZ View Post

Yes please.

The funny thing was that I only clicked your spoiler because I figured all of the good stuff was given away in the previous posts.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2007, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by scottiB View Post
No. He means that there are posts that have been made as conjecture up thread that are actually spoilers.
How can a guess or a prediction be a spoiler? It's not like any of us work on the show and know what's going to happen.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 26, 2007, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by scottiB View Post
I don't think scenes in the trailer for the next episode deserve spoiler tags.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Sep 26, 2007, 02:42 PM

Well, I refuse to watch trailers for upcoming shows that I like. I reeeeeeeeeeeeally hate having any idea what's going to happen. A lot.

scottiB
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2007, 03:13 PM

How can a guess or a prediction be a spoiler? It's not like any of us work on the show and know what's going to happen.
There are websites devoted to TV show spoilers--just like Think Secret and AI. And they're just as fervent.

scottiB
Professional Poster
Sep 26, 2007, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Neither do I.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Sep 27, 2007, 06:16 AM

I liked the premiere, but I really hate that they revealed so many things in the previews before it aired. Yes, most of us figured that Peter and Sylar were both still alive, but that's not the same as actually seeing it in a commercial.

"I'm virtually bursting with adequatulence!" - Bill McNeal, NewsRadio

Rumor
Sep 27, 2007, 12:28 PM

It was known at the end of last season that Sylar and Peter were both alive. No surprise there.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Sep 27, 2007, 12:48 PM

Sylar is too hot to die.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Sep 27, 2007, 12:59 PM

OMG I agree.

Talk about tall dark and handsome!

Rumor
Sep 27, 2007, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
OMG I agree.

Talk about tall dark and handsome!
Salty?
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Sep 27, 2007, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
Salty?
Yesssss

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2007, 09:18 PM

I think some of you are really reading way too much into Claire's flying buddy. I don't think he's evil or he's Sylar or anything like that.

Think about what she is going through and her phone call to Nathan.

He is nothing more than a potential love interest who could "understand" and "identify" with her. Maybe they could even run away together or something. Who knows.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 27, 2007, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
He is nothing more than a potential love interest who could "understand" and "identify" with her. Maybe they could even run away together or something. Who knows.
That would be pointless. He'll factor into the main plot line in some way.

lavar78
Professional Poster
Sep 27, 2007, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
It was known at the end of last season that Sylar and Peter were both alive. No surprise there.
No, it was assumed. There was always the possibility -- no matter how small -- that they'd actually let them die.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 27, 2007, 09:54 PM

That would be pointless. He'll factor into the main plot line in some way.
Well, they've certainly made damn sure that Claire's frustration and discontent with "not being who she really is" is well understood.

And it would be no more pointless than her last friend what's-his-name.

Or Peter's love interest.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

Eug
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2007, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by lavar78 View Post
No, it was assumed. There was always the possibility -- no matter how small -- that they'd actually let them die.
Peter's power is probably the coolest (although Hiro's head-jiggling is the funniest).

Nonetheless, I was hoping they'd let him die. I respect TV shows that are willing off main characters for the sake of advancing the plotline.

As for Sylar, well, I was just hoping he'd die so they could move on to another (set of) villain(s).

---

P.S. Hiro's stabbing of the guy was quite anticlimactic. I was hoping for at least a few bits of swordplay.

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Sep 28, 2007, 08:07 AM

Well, they've certainly made damn sure that Claire's frustration and discontent with "not being who she really is" is well understood.
And it would be no more pointless than her last friend what's-his-name.
I think it's a sign that she's going to do something to stand out and get noticed. Much like she did last season. And "what's-his-name" was part of what she did to get noticed, so he wasn't pointless.

Or Peter's love interest.
Simone? She was the link to the painter and to the old guy that died, who was part of the older generation that has some common past.

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2007, 03:53 AM

Not really sure why this hasn't come up -- maybe I mis-saw something, but didn't some clumsy looking person dressed all in black kill Hiro's dad, who, by the way, is like this fricking ninja, by grappling him off a balcony? There is now way this could have happened. Again, correct me if I saw this wrong.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 29, 2007, 08:23 AM

I think it's a sign that she's going to do something to stand out and get noticed. Much like she did last season. And "what's-his-name" was part of what she did to get noticed, so he wasn't pointless.
Exactly. That's the kind of role I expect of this new kid. A little something to boost the story line but nothing sinister or awfully grand.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 29, 2007, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by DeathMan View Post
Not really sure why this hasn't come up -- maybe I mis-saw something, but didn't some clumsy looking person dressed all in black kill Hiro's dad, who, by the way, is like this fricking ninja, by grappling him off a balcony? There is now way this could have happened. Again, correct me if I saw this wrong.
Well, it was implied that the other guy had some sort of powers of his own, and Papa Nakamura seemed to have pretty much given up hope. Especially since he didn't yet have his sword, I think he was just resigned.
Chuck
___

wallinbl
Professional Poster
Oct 1, 2007, 10:08 PM

Exactly. That's the kind of role I expect of this new kid. A little something to boost the story line but nothing sinister or awfully grand.
Apparently, he's a peeping tom.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Oct 1, 2007, 10:40 PM

Tonight's episode was pretty bla. I mean nothing you didn't see coming or care about.

And why are we still discovering that the cheerleader can heal. I mean last season she had a full autopsy and a spike through her brain and we are supposed to be impressed or surprised that she can grow back limbs?

Zzzzzz.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 2, 2007, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by analogue SPRINKLES View Post
And why are we still discovering that the cheerleader can heal. I mean last season she had a full autopsy and a spike through her brain and we are supposed to be impressed or surprised that she can grow back limbs?
I have a feeling she's going to keep pushing her boundaries until she ends up going too far. (It will be kind of weird, though, since she has survived both dying and a nuclear explosion.)
Chuck
___

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Oct 2, 2007, 06:45 AM

I liked last night's episode. I was surprised by the linkage between Isaac's painting and Kyto's death. I'm really hoping Hiro will get back to the future in time to save him, but that seems less probable an outcome now. Claire was a bit annoying. I think Peter's plot has potential. Solid episode, and I imagine it will continue to get better.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 2, 2007, 07:20 AM

I got bored with it.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

dlefebvre
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2007, 08:23 AM

I admit it was a very slow start and I was bored. I took me an episode and a half to get my interest back. I hope it's started for good, because I really liked the second half of the second episode. That's the problem with a first season hit series, you end up with to much expectations.

analogue SPRINKLES
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2007, 10:52 AM

I have a feeling she's going to keep pushing her boundaries until she ends up going too far. (It will be kind of weird, though, since she has survived both dying and a nuclear explosion.)
Ya well for me surviving a nuke is the limit so baby toes growing back hardly impress.

ron_colsen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2007, 11:25 AM

One little thing I'm wondering is if and what would Mr. Deveaux , Simone's father, powers are. Also is there any chance perhaps that Simone might be reinserted back into the storyline? (seeing as people coming back from the dead isnt so hard to do here )

lavar78
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2007, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by dlefebvre View Post
I admit it was a very slow start and I was bored. I took me an episode and a half to get my interest back. I hope it's started for good, because I really liked the second half of the second episode. That's the problem with a first season hit series, you end up with to much expectations.
Only if you don't temper them.

Cold Warrior
Oct 2, 2007, 06:05 PM

Meh. Episode 2 is again underwhelming.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 2, 2007, 06:45 PM

What happened at the very end? My Tivo stopped recording right after Claire found the book in her driveway.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Randman
Posting Junkie
Oct 2, 2007, 08:38 PM

You just missed the credits. It's starting slow byt Sylar should spice things up next week.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Oct 2, 2007, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
What happened at the very end? My Tivo stopped recording right after Claire found the book in her driveway.
The dog just kept barking at Frying Man 2.0 (whatever the dolt's name is) up in the sky and Claire never thought to look at what Mr. Muggles was so excited about.
Chuck
___

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Oct 2, 2007, 10:12 PM

God I hope Mr. Muggles has super powers.

Cold Warrior
Oct 2, 2007, 10:19 PM

God I hope Mr. Muggles has super powers.
Maybe he's Candice?!

Forum Links
Forum Rules