Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mac equivalent for Dartfish?

Mac equivalent for Dartfish?
macdevil
Oct 29, 2006, 01:07 AM

I am not sure if this has been asked before or needs to be in another forum, so here goes...

I coach high school sports and I am looking to do some video analysis of techniques having to do with athletic skills. There is windows based applicatication called Dartfish that allows to place 2 video recordings side by side or one superimposed over another for analysis. If you watched the Salt Lake Olympics they used to show downhill skiers imposed one over another even though they race solo. Anyways, anybody know of mac application that does similar? Dartfish is windows only, and they politely told me they have no inerest in developing a mac version.

I do realize an alternative could be to run XP on my mac, but first I don't really want to use windows and second I would like to be able to use the application on my powerbook so I don't have to lug my iMac into the gym with me. I also realize I could buy a new MPB and run windows on it but it would quite cheaper to buy a cheap windows laptop and only use it for sports motion analysis,

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated
Tibook 800dvi 40gig, 1 gig RAM
iMac 24" 2.16 C2d, 250G, 1gig RAM

squareman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 31, 2007, 03:39 PM

The stand-alone files that require the Dartfish "Player" are simply embedded Flash files. Super frustrating because I have not found a way to extract them. Plus, if Dartfish can output the files for web use (using Flash) why not just output a stand-alone, self-playable Flash app that is cross-plaftorm?

Super frustrating in this day and age.

Forum Links
Forum Rules