Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Battle for Middle Earth 2 - laptop mouse control

Battle for Middle Earth 2 - laptop mouse control
NY152
Forum Regular
Jun 1, 2006, 08:09 AM

On my MacBook Pro while running windows I cannot find a way to select the left and right mouse buttons at the same time while playing battle for middle earth 2. This is required in order to go into formation mode. Any ideas besides buying a two button mouse?

I have tried both applemouse and a mighty mouse but they won't let me select both buttons at the same time.
<over-large signature edited by management>

Rumor
Jun 3, 2006, 08:48 PM

You can pick up a cheap Logitech 2-button scroll usb mouse for under $20. I have one and it works great.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Tanuki
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 31, 2006, 09:52 PM

BFME2 does not have a toolbox for alternate mouse setup, but you can still use it if you edit in an ini file.
Make sure you open ini files with notepad or other standard text editor.

With alternative mouse setup, you use left click for select and attack and right click to cancel.

The file is located in: C:\Documents and Settings\#USER#\Application Data\My Battle for Middle Earth Files 2
Click on "options.ini" and add this line:

AlternateMouseSetup = yes

The sentences are in alphabetical order, so normally you should add it on line 2.

Note: AlternateMouseSetup = Yes is wrong, so is alternatemousesetup = yes. It must be exactly like it is written.

usually when i play with this alternate mouse setup, i can click and tell a unit where to go like in c&c, but when you need to offclick, you just press any one of the numeric keys that aren't assined a team.

Forum Links
Forum Rules