Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Boot Camp v1.1.1? What's new?

Boot Camp v1.1.1? What's new?
rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 14, 2006, 09:43 PM

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Sep 14, 2006, 11:25 PM

Downloading now... we'll see what upgrades, if any, are present.

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

blackbird_1.0
Mac Elite
Sep 15, 2006, 01:52 AM

Here:

What's new in this version:
  • Support for the latest Intel-based Macintosh computers
  • Easier partitioning using presets for popular sizes
  • Ability to install Windows XP on any internal disk
  • Support for built-in iSight cameras
  • Support for built-in microphones
  • Right-click when pressing the right-hand Apple key on Apple keyboards
  • Improved Apple keyboard support including Delete, PrintScreen, NumLock, and ScrollLock keys
Apple II GS | Powerbook 165 | iMac Rev. A 96mb RAM| iBook G3 500mhz, 128mb RAM | Power Macintosh G5 1.6ghz, 2.25gb RAM | Black MacBook 2ghz, 2gb RAM | iPhone Rev. A 8gb HD

silver
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2006, 02:41 AM

Thats the same "Whats new" from 1.1 . I too just checked out the boot camp site, seems like the "Whats new" on the site hasn't been updated. Anyone know if the drivers have been updated?

silver
 MBP 17" 2.16ghz, ATI x1600 256, 100GBHD, 2GB ram, 23"AppleLCD

phantomdragonz
Mac Elite
Sep 15, 2006, 03:08 AM

SWEET! I hope this is fpr the MP and the SATA issues I hear so much about, I am going to be installing windows next week when my drive and CD get here... I was dreading the slipstream thing...

Zach

rickey939  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 15, 2006, 08:28 AM

MacFixIt - Boot Camp Beta 1.1.1 released

Boot Camp Beta 1.1.1 released
Apple has released the Boot Camp Beta 1.1.1, the latest pre-release edition of the tool for booting Intel-based Macs in Windows XP and/or Vista.

According to Apple's documentation, Boot Camp 1.1.1 includes the following enhancements: "support for the latest Intel-based Apple Macintosh computers and improved support for Bluetooth wireless devices."

We assume that "support for the latest Intel-based (Macs)" means enhanced compatibility with Late-2006 Core 2 Duo iMacs. The previous edition of Boot Camp -- 1.1 -- exhibited display issues with the 24" iMac Core 2 Duo because this model includes a different display connection mechanism and video card (the NVidia 7600) than other Late-2006 iMacs.

This release includes revised versions of the Windows XP Mac drivers, so you should burn a new drivers disk (using Boot Camp Assistant) after installing the Boot Camp update, then boot into Windows XP and re-install drivers.

The update is available as a 186 MB standalone download.

stefanicotine
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 15, 2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by phantomdragonz
SWEET! I hope this is fpr the MP and the SATA issues I hear so much about, I am going to be installing windows next week when my drive and CD get here... I was dreading the slipstream thing...

Zach
Slipstreaming is really easy and takes hardly any time at all. There's no need to dread

But I wish they'd make some real updates to BootCamp. I'm noticing one feature that would really hit it big is the ability to install and run Windows off an external hard drive so you don't have to touch your Mac drive.

And BootCamp's inability to operate when 2 or more partitions exist It needs to change.
 Certified AppleCare Technician

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 15, 2006, 12:16 PM

I'll bet there is more than a little "tweaking" going on with the drivers Boot Camp provides. I'm hoping that there's some improvement in the AirPort drivers (for OS X too) because of the number of issues I'm seeing with Intel Macs bringing down wireless networks when they connect.

The external drive thing has more to do with Windows than Boot Camp-Windows takes control of USB (and presumably firewire) ports DURING the boot process; it re-enumerates every device and thus loses context (and connection) with anything that was already connected. You can probably see this in your Intel Mac's external keyboard turning off and then back on during Windows booting.

I wholeheartedly agree that allowing more than two partitions-and allowing Boot Camp to do anything with an already partitioned drive-is overdue. But I'm giving Apple some intellectual slack here, since it looks like the first itteration of BC was aimed at the "lowest common denominator" of multi-boot experience. Some "expert" features like multiple partitions would really help things out for those of us with more experience.

And of course if both Apple and Microsoft would stop being bull-headed and agree on a common, readable AND writable by both XP (and Vista eventually) and OS X, that would be a Very Great Thing®™©.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

silver
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2006, 01:06 PM

Anyone else still got there screen dithered while in XP?

And yes I agree one common format for read and write would be great, I know I can get Macdrive but then I got to uninstall Alchohol 120% because the sptd drivers conflict, and I'm not going to refomat to fat32 just so I can read both partitions.

Oh well it's great that Apple puts these updates out in a timely fashion, after all it's still beta.

silver
 MBP 17" 2.16ghz, ATI x1600 256, 100GBHD, 2GB ram, 23"AppleLCD

Macola
Mac Elite
Sep 15, 2006, 05:04 PM

Anyone installed the latest Mac drivers as yet? The last update was a bit of a problem for me--the installer(s) became unresponsive and I had to force shutdown and reinstall the drivers. This time, i'm going to wait for a bit...
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

Apfhex
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2006, 04:03 PM

1.1.1 does NOT fix the SATA issue on Mac Pros, still have to slipstream (I'm burning my slipstreamed disc right now, no looking forward to installing Windows again ). I never tried the Boot Camp 1.1 drivers, only 1.1.1, and they seem to make everything work fine on my MP (more or less... there are still issues with the 23" ACD randomly not working ).

Can you tell that Windows frustrates me?
Mac OS X 10.5.0, Mac Pro 2.66GHz/2 GB RAM/X1900 XT, 23" ACD
esdesign

TheMacMan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 16, 2006, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Macola
Anyone installed the latest Mac drivers as yet? The last update was a bit of a problem for me--the installer(s) became unresponsive and I had to force shutdown and reinstall the drivers. This time, i'm going to wait for a bit...
Power management issues have been fixed Works without having to disable the trackpad.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 17, 2006, 09:49 PM

1.1.1 fixed the screwed up bluetooth and Apple keyboard driver on my MacBook Pro.

But, can't install Boot Camp on my Mac Pro. I've got a RAID 0 array as a startup volume, and Boot Camp Assistant wont start up (basically tells me I must use a different startup volume).

cgc
Professional Poster
Sep 17, 2006, 09:52 PM

I wish I could disable the internal speaker on my Mac Pro since I have speakers connected to my Line Out (analog). Sucks having them both on...

rickey939  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 17, 2006, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cadaver
1.1.1 fixed the screwed up bluetooth and Apple keyboard driver on my MacBook Pro.
What is wrong with v1.1's Apple keyboard driver on MacBook Pro's?

NY152
Forum Regular
Sep 19, 2006, 07:42 AM

]Boot Camp Beta 1.1.1 released
Apple has released the Boot Camp Beta 1.1.1, the latest pre-release edition of the tool for booting Intel-based Macs in Windows XP and/or Vista

So does that mean that the driver cd will now work in vista?
<over-large signature edited by management>

cgc
Professional Poster
Sep 19, 2006, 09:14 PM

While Bootcamp 1.1.1. didn't fix the slow SATA performance in BootCamp the Firmware/SMC update did. Woohoohoo!

Forum Links
Forum Rules