Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Powerbook Pismo G4/500 1GB RAM, DVD, ZIP

FS: Powerbook Pismo G4/500 1GB RAM, DVD, ZIP
kastegir
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 30, 2003, 03:44 PM

Ok, I'm putting my G4/Pismo up for sale. It was originally a G3/400 with 128MB ram and a 6GB hard drive, but it's been upgraded to the max!

Here's the specs:
Powerbook "Pismo" (a.k.a Powerbook Firewire or Powerbook 2000)
Powerlogix G4/500 upgrade installed last September and running perfectly
1GB ram (2 512MB modules)
20GB hard drive
DVD drive module
2 batteries (each holds a charge for over 2.5 hours)
2 Apple AC adapters
VST ZIP drive expansion bay module.

It has all the standard Pismo features, including 14.1" screen, 2 firewire ports, 2 USB ports, IR Port, internal modem, 10/100 ethernet, audio in/out ports, VGA and S-video out, internal Airport card slot and 1 PC card slot.

This Powerbook is in excellent condition, cosmetically and functionally. This Powerbook has been well taken care of. I even use a screen protector when I close it, so there are no scuff marks on the screen.

It's currently running Mac OSX 10.2.3 and OS9.2.2. Email me if you'd like the exact software configuration.

It's functionally identical to a Titanium G4/500 and much less fragile, and there's no paint to chip. Because it has 2 swappable bays, you can run 2 batteries for longer run-time, or swap in a zip drive to move files. With a G4/500 and 1GB of ram, it's a perfect OSX machine.

I'm including a lot of accessories (2 batteries, 2 adapters, zip drive) and it's pretty well loaded, so I'm asking $1300 plus shipping or best reasonable offer. I really don't want to do the eBay thing on this, so drop me an email and we'll talk.

Forum Links
Forum Rules