Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 17" 1.33ghz Owners Please Check In

17" 1.33ghz Owners Please Check In
kmarketing
Mac Enthusiast
May 18, 2005, 07:20 PM

Hi,

I have a chance to get a 17" 1.33ghz powerbook for a tremendous deal. i was just wondering how yours is holding up, and if you think that I should get it or wait for something new.

My pismo (that I sold my 15" aluminum for) is holding up great, and I think no matter what I will keep it. But the screen on the 17" is spectacular. I also think I like the 17" much more than the 15". I always thought the 15" was a bit too chunky, and the 17" is so thin.

If I get the 17", I'm already of thinking of things to learn to make it productive, because for my internet and typing, the pismo is terrific.

I guess I would be using the 17" for at home, and when I go to familiar locations. And then I can have the pismo for those days that I need mure durable machine. I mean, when I put the pismo next to the 17", the 17" is only a few inches longer, that's it!!

Let me know of your thoughts!!

chenyichung
Forum Regular
May 19, 2005, 04:08 PM

where you gettin' this tremendous at?

-Yi Chen

kmarketing  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 19, 2005, 04:38 PM

$1200... I think that's pretty good. Everything legit and in great condition and in original packaging. Only thing is warranty has expired. That may be a good thing because I would want to upgrade the hard drive.

I just feel terrible having the toys, because my pismo is pretty sufficient for now. But using the 17" gives me a completely different experience than any other laptop out there, period.

I just don't know if I can justify keeping it. That's why I'm thinking of different ideas so that I would utilize the machine.

I was just wondering if any of you had troubles with it or thought it was obsolete. At this point, I could probably sell it and make some money, but it is really a wonder to look at!!

tekno_geek911
Mac Enthusiast
May 19, 2005, 06:36 PM

$1200 for a 17"???? That deal is insane,I would jump on this in a heartbeat.
::12" PowerBook G4 | 1.33GHz | 1.25GB | 60GB | APX | OS X 10.4.1::
::30GB iPod Photo::

kmarketing  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 19, 2005, 06:52 PM

yes, but would you keep it after that, or would you sell it for a profit?

tekno_geek911
Mac Enthusiast
May 19, 2005, 08:04 PM

I would keep it for a few months or maybe even until the next revision...Even if you wanted to sell it 6 months from now I'm sure you can fetch more than $1200 for it, the 17" Rev A. PB's(1.0GHz) are still going for $1400-1600 on eBay.
::12" PowerBook G4 | 1.33GHz | 1.25GB | 60GB | APX | OS X 10.4.1::
::30GB iPod Photo::

tcphoto
May 19, 2005, 08:13 PM

I have a 15" 1.33 and believe the value is about $1500. The 17" is still a great machine and I'd jump on that deal.

Forum Links
Forum Rules