Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Aggravation

Aggravation
TheaterCub
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 12, 2004, 07:57 PM

I AM EXTREMELY UPSET!

I just got off a travel trip, and when I took out my AlBook (which I got in May), I noticed the front corner of it was dented. Turns out the outer casing is really flimsy and thin! It literally looks bent. This really shouldnt have happened considering the price of this amazing machine. It still works fine, but I cannot stand to see the dent there. I am covered by AppleCare and am very anxious to get this fixed. What are the odds they'll cover it? Also, if they won't (which they should), will it cost a lot for them to fix it do you think? An estimate?

krux`
Forum Regular
Jan 12, 2004, 08:01 PM

Can you take a picture? My camera USB connector fell on top of my PB when it was shut and put a dent big enough to see, and i really dont care.. a dent is a dent, doesnt affect performance and im not sure if applecare will cover your dent due to its a cosmetic problem and not part of manufactor.. but perhaps try
15"AluPB1.5GHz1GBR80GBhdbcklitkeyboard 10.4.8
email: [email protected] iChat: [email protected]
http://www.davidgclark.com/

Religion is for those who have never had a spiritual experience.

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Jan 12, 2004, 08:42 PM

Yeah you can check, but I don't think AppleCare covers accidental damage. SafeWare Insurance does cover accidental damage. they quoted me $150/yr. with NO deductible for $2600 coverage. If you drop, break, crack, spill coffee, run over it with your car. They cover it. I called to sign up today. Only thing is that I'm leaving the US for a job overseas and the cost of international coverage was too high for me [$200/yr. + $200 ded. for International coverage up to $4000].

But if you're worried about dings and dents, then SafeWare might be something to consider.

Forum Links
Forum Rules