Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > powerbook 15" on the way :)

powerbook 15" on the way :)
onaujee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 19, 2004, 05:14 PM

TG I returned the refurbished one bought 2 weeks ago. Been waiting a long time for this for a while now. They were in stock in here, but I wanted the upgrade to 128ram and 5400 rpm, free printer too $99. Now only if ground shipping will cooperate.

Anyone else purchase the upgrades?

MrCaN
Forum Regular
Apr 19, 2004, 05:44 PM

Yup, I ordered mine, should ship on or before 4-26-04, I didn't get the printer.
Mr. CaN

rm199
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2004, 05:59 PM

same - 15 on the way, dvi667 can finally be retired. I'm hoping the 26th is worst case though...

WizOSX
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2004, 06:06 PM

Anyone actually seen either the new 12" or 15" in an Apple store?

bcaslis
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 19, 2004, 06:08 PM

I placed an order for the 17" 128MB vram, 5400rpm drive and it shows ship on or before 4/26. I called the local Apple Store and they said for the standard 17" "sometime in May". Huh?

onaujee  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 19, 2004, 08:20 PM

THey already have the 12 and 15 on stores here, I didn't get them because I wanted the extra boost for the ram and hard drive.

vinster
Senior User
Apr 19, 2004, 09:20 PM

Just ordered a 15" with a combo drive and all the extras (don't need DVD-R). Upgrading from a Pismo.

WizOSX
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2004, 10:05 PM

Originally posted by onaujee
THey already have the 12 and 15 on stores here, I didn't get them because I wanted the extra boost for the ram and hard drive.
Did you get a chance to play with them. Any impressions?

JHromadka
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2004, 11:37 PM

Just put in my order for a 15" BTO with 128 MB VRAM and the 5600 RPM HD. My TiBook has lasted me more than three years, so I want its replacement to be packed to the gills out of the box.

BTW, I have a Waterfield Designs sleeve case for my TiBook 400. Will it fit the AlBook models or will I have to get something for it?

bcaslis
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 19, 2004, 11:43 PM

I have one for a Tibook also. It will mostly fit an aluminum 15" but the gap at the top is wider then with the Tibook in it. If you want a perfect fit, they have an updated version that is built for the slightly thicker aluminum 15".

Originally posted by JHromadka:
Just put in my order for a 15" BTO with 128 MB VRAM and the 5600 RPM HD. My TiBook has lasted me more than three years, so I want its replacement to be packed to the gills out of the box.

BTW, I have a Waterfield Designs sleeve case for my TiBook 400. Will it fit the AlBook models or will I have to get something for it?

MrCaN
Forum Regular
Apr 20, 2004, 12:05 AM

The worst part about ordering a new 15" today, now I need to clean my desk off, so I have somewere to put the new powerbook.
Mr. CaN

Forum Links
Forum Rules