Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Referbished Powerbook

Referbished Powerbook
Terrible4130
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2006, 12:17 PM

is it out of the question to buy a referbished powerbook 1.62. i wanted to get a macbook pro, but it seems that the merom would whipe that out. it seems that if i bought a referb w/ warrenty, in 3 years, when my warrenty is up, who knows what types of computers apple will release.

also, what about Ebay, would you recommend buying a used laptop on ebay, what if it still has apple care?

using FCP, Photoshop and others, this processor should be plenty powerful...Right.

what is the largest hard-drive you can get in a PB from apple?

thanks alot

rjt1000
Senior User
Aug 1, 2006, 08:59 PM

Hi,

The eBay market price for recent Powerbooks stays fairly strong.

Right now I think it would be hard to beat the deals for refurb last version G4 Powerbooks in the special deals section of the Apple store:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...m=SpecialDeals

Enjoy,

rjt1000

crzdc0l0mbian
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 5, 2006, 01:45 PM

on ebay theres a powerbook i was intersted in that is 17 inch, 1.67 mhz, with MS office and is only 1000, and has like 10 versions of Acobe, and mac care till next year. seems like a good deal

Forum Links
Forum Rules