Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Delicious Monster A No-Show At MacWorld?

Delicious Monster A No-Show At MacWorld?
Feynman
Forum Regular
Jan 3, 2007, 02:39 PM

Looking at the exhibitor list for MacWorld SF, I do not see my favorite software company!

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2007, 12:37 AM

Too busy coding Delicious Library 2, which, considering it's been a billion years since we last had a significant update to DL1, should be so cool it will kill me.
Linkinus is king.

Feynman  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 8, 2007, 01:03 AM

Well they do use laptops for their development so it's not like they could work overtime and code DL2 at night and attend the expo during the day

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 10, 2007, 04:56 PM

Brokenjago is wrong on two counts.

First, by assumption. Feynman's favorite software company is Grundlesoft, an obscure Romanian development house who couldn't get their customs & immigration paperwork sorted out in time.

Second, we updated Delicious Library 1 in November, and you can bet your ASCII-encoded text files it was significant. iPhone knows we'd rather do anything with our time than update Delicious Library 1.

That said, Macworld is a lot of work. Yes, you have to stand around and talk to people all day for a week, but that's just the part you see. Most of the work is in preparation and planning.

Plus, I mean, what would we do there?

"Yes, this is the same version we had last year. Yes, the people who were supposed to be manning the booth left it unattended on the last day of the expo to tour Pixar. That was two years ago, but it still hurts like it was yesterday, doesn't it? Yes, I will email you personally when the next version comes out. What's my name? Oh, uh... Lucas."

Going to Macworld is also expensive, and as you know, MacHeist has forced the company to move into a cardboard box behind Zoka.

Forum Links
Forum Rules