Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Sound Sticks AND Apple Pro Speakers, at the same time?

Sound Sticks AND Apple Pro Speakers, at the same time?
Aranamac
Dec 7, 2003, 07:58 PM

I recently saw a great deal for a set of Apple Pro Speakers, and I'm wondering if there's anyway to add them into my current speaker set-up, which is a set of SoundSticks and the iSub.

Is there anyway to get sound out of the SoundSticks *and* the ProSpeakers at the same time, a way to work around the SoundSticks' disabling of the sound-out jack?

I'm running a 400mhz G4 graphite tower, with Jaguar 10.2.8.

I searched the forums for any similar posts, but had no luck, with the only relevant response being another fellow who asked a similar question, but no one responded.

[EDIT] Hmm, this may not work since it seems the pro speakers may not work on my Mac... it's too old, seeing as I bought it in 2000. Ah well. Still, any responses would be appreciated.
( Last edited by Aranamac; Dec 7, 2003 at 08:08 PM. )

Mark E
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 7, 2003, 08:44 PM

the apple pro speakers have a special 2.5mm jack on them. i don't know what connectors are on the back of the isub.. if that isn't listed among them, though, the answer is no.

in case of accidental ingestion, consult a mortician.

Aranamac  (op)
Dec 7, 2003, 11:50 PM

That's a good point re: the jack size. Perhaps there are adaptors?

Okay... so assuming the jacks are compatible (or I choose a different set of small speakers instead of the Pros), can I run more than 2 speakers? Or would I just be limited to the two SoundSticks? My hope would be to get a couple more points of sound on the system to place around my room. (i.e., the iSub, the two Sticks, and two more speakers).

Maybe a more direct, and multipurpose, question would be: with a set of SoundSticks and an iSub, what kind of flexibility do I have?

Forum Links
Forum Rules