Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Where's The Hype?!

Where's The Hype?!
Feynman
Forum Regular
Apr 3, 2007, 01:41 PM

Just wondering, how far is D2 away from being complete? We all know this will be a Leopard only release and now the speculation points to Leopard not being ready till June.

Could we get some major hype/teasers on the Delicious Monster homepage? Pwease?

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2007, 07:56 PM

Well, they stated on the DM blog that DL2 is a ways away from being complete. I believe the quote was:

Originally Posted by Wil Shipley
Delicious Library 2 is indeed being written. This should not cause you concern if you are thinking of buying Delicious Library 1. First off, because there will be an upgrade price available (sorry, but it won't be free -- we've already provided five or six free upgrades to Delicious Library 1 with major, major functionality, which is why we're at version 1.63 now). Secondly, we're still quite a ways out on actually shipping Delicious Library 2 -- it's going to ship on Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" only, and we honestly don't know when Leopard is even going to ship. And, meanwhile, we're trying to write our software for an unfinished OS, which is like trying to perform an appendectomy on a patient who is awake and actively slapping your hands away.
That's as of Jan 4th.
Linkinus is king.

Feynman  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 5, 2007, 09:19 PM

Right but Delicious Monster also claims they are going to enter the app into the Apple Design Awards, which would mean they would hopefully have the app complete by then or pretty darn ready to shipping it soon there after...

After all how many months of hype did we have after Delicious Monster announced the support to revamp Library with the original developer? (or did they mention they purchased it? I don't recall)

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 6, 2007, 12:18 AM

Can't hype. Gruber will eat me. Can't hype. Gruber will eat me...

Seriously though we are just working insane hours cramming all this awesome into shippable form. After it's done, we'll hype.

OK, we'll get hell of drunk, then sleep, then hype.

I could prattle on about how the development is different this time around, raised expectations, unfinished OS, two releases worth of features, and all that but there's still a big pile of awesome and it ain't cramming itself.

Feynman  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 17, 2007, 07:59 PM

So it seemed as though DL2 was going to be launched in accordance with Leopard.

Now that Leopard has been delayed where does this leave the development status? More time to relax and take your time rather than working 90 hour days? More features? More teasers/hype (eventually ) on delicious-monster.com?

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 19, 2007, 11:16 AM

It's probably going to get us the same thing it gets Apple: actual beta testing on a feature complete operating system.

Forum Links
Forum Rules