Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Getting online with Bluetooth, and a Nokia 6310i phone

Getting online with Bluetooth, and a Nokia 6310i phone
Grrr
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 24, 2002, 08:25 PM

Any tips on how I do this? I have the D-Link USB Bluetooth dongle. And Mac OS X 10.2.3 plus a Nokia 6310i Bluetooth phone.
I can get a connection between Mac and phone. But I cant seem to figure out how to get an actual internet connection (I know it wont be fast, but just to check emails etc, would be nice).
For starters, what do I choose in the network settings control panel, for the modem? I think Nokia's are only listed there, for iR. Not Bluetooth?
Any other tips, tricks, suggestions and help will be much appreciated!
The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

ixus_123
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 27, 2002, 10:24 PM

I assume your mac and nokia are paired so you wont have to set each to be discoverable everytime you need to use it.

Going from what you said about the ir - I just had a look in the network settings and it does seem that the only options for nokia handsets are all IR - however you maybe compatible with a different phone - I use a T68i but its set as a T39.
The 6310i has been around for a while so it might be worth checking out apple knowledge base.

If you are getting your phone and mac connected I would recomend keeping address book open with the bluetooth switch on then when you get an SMS it pops up on screen - way cool and much quicker to reply but then i suppose you knew that
iBook G3 366mhz as a web server:
http://kieren.demon.co.uk/wordpress/

hsl
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 28, 2002, 03:41 PM

it's not going to work the bluetooth Nokia is using is not secure einough, and that's why apple doesn't want to use it!

there's more information on the apple site!!

greetings and good luck!
15,4" MBP (late 2008), 2,53Ghz, 4GB RAM, 256GB SSD | 27" ACD | 11" MBA, 1.6Ghz, 4GB RAM , 128GB | 16GB iPhone4 | 32GB iPad

The biggest fan of JoliOriginals MacBook, iPad and iPhone Sleeves!

Forum Links
Forum Rules