Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Have any ADC orders been shipped?

Have any ADC orders been shipped?
doyouflip
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 23, 2003, 01:57 PM

Just curious if anyone who ordered through ADC has received their pb or shipment notification yet. If so, please post your order date, OOB date, and whether it was standard or BTO.

Thanks!

------------------
Kevin
17" ordered w/ADC discount on 2/1
OOB 4/1

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2003, 03:01 PM

Wonderful question man...mine hasn't.

I ordered on 2/23/03 BTO w/ 1 GIG of RAM and have an "On or Before" Date of 4/7/03 and haven't heard a peep from Apple.

Any other ADC orders shipped/haven't shipped?
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

btober
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2003, 03:25 PM

Hi,

I ordered the stock configuration through ADC on 1/8, had on or before date of 3/21, shipped 3/15, rec'd 3/19.
«l'innovation, c'est une situation qu'on choisit parce qu'on a une passion brûlante pour quelque chose.» - steve jobs

Arch.
Forum Regular
Mar 23, 2003, 03:47 PM

Mine has not gone out yet either...stock 17"... OOB 4/1/03 ordered 2/2/03.

digitalpimp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 23, 2003, 04:04 PM

ordered mine on 1/17 via ADC and an OOB date of 4/1.

Standard config, extra battery, and airport extreme. Airport shipped awhile ago, still have yet to get the laptop and battery.

iohead
Mar 23, 2003, 04:26 PM

Originally posted by doyouflip:
Just curious if anyone who ordered through ADC has received their pb or shipment notification yet. If so, please post your order date, OOB date, and whether it was standard or BTO.
Mine hasn't shipped. It's standard. But then my OOB is 4/9.

-A

ichibod
Mar 23, 2003, 04:31 PM

Good to hear ADC orders have shipped =D

OOB 4/14

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2003, 04:42 PM

But it's bad to hear more haven't...it killed me to walk into the Southpoint Apple Store last Thursday to see 2 out of the 4 they had in stock walk out the door while I was in there & they can't do anything b/c retail stores can't deal ADC. Argh!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

ichibod
Mar 23, 2003, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by AssassyN:
But it's bad to hear more haven't...it killed me to walk into the Southpoint Apple Store last Thursday to see 2 out of the 4 they had in stock walk out the door while I was in there & they can't do anything b/c retail stores can't deal ADC. Argh!
I hear that, my Indy store has some, but I just want to shake them violently like babies and say "GIVE ME THE ADC PRICE! DINGUS!" But then they threw me out... or smthg.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2003, 05:00 PM

Yeah, it's insane man...ADC is Apple, therefore they should be able to fill ADC orders, or AT LEAST let me bring in my receipt, or even better, login to my apple.com account in their face & prove I have one & order, and the store could give me one & file it as filling an ADC order...doesn't seem too complicated, but ah well, I'm grinning & bearing the wait as best I can!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

iohead
Mar 23, 2003, 05:32 PM

Yeah, it's insane man...ADC is Apple, therefore they should be able to fill ADC orders, or AT LEAST let me bring in my receipt, or even better, login to my apple.com account in their face & prove I have one & order, and the store could give me one & file it as filling an ADC order...doesn't seem too complicated, but ah well, I'm grinning & bearing the wait as best I can!
That's exactly what I wanted (wished) the Apple retail stores would do, but life doesn't work the way one wants always ... darn.

Arch.
Forum Regular
Mar 23, 2003, 06:34 PM

AssassyN, do you know if there is anyway to check the status of my order over the phone on the weekend? The ADC number is closed and the F-ckers at the normal apple # wont even bring up my order. By the way did you ever get your case for the laptop?

emumu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 23, 2003, 06:44 PM

If you buy anything from Macy's online, you'd be able to return it at any retail stores of your choice. You can also order online and pick up at local store like Bestbuy. I guess Apple just has very limited infrastructure in order to accomodate this. Apple has a good design team but lack of people who know how to do business. I guess Microsoft is opposit. Too bad, no company can get both side of the world at the same time.

ADC order on 1/20 with oob 4/2. Airport Extreme Base has been received. No PB yet.

pamelah
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 23, 2003, 06:46 PM

I order mine on 02/19...but I don't have a estimated ship date because I emailed my order into the local ADC distributor here in Vancouver. Not only that but I also have to wait to get my entire order shipped at once, so I have to wait for all of it to come in I ordered an ipod too...wouldn't it be a shame if that's what held my order up?!?! I hear they're taking a while to ship. Anyway, I called him last week and he said apple hasn't even remotely contacted him about possible ship dates. Based on his judgement he was thinking possibly the end of the month....but I'll have to wait in line for those in front of me that they have orders for. Anybody else ordering through EMJ here in Vancouver?!?!?! I'd LOVE to hear something from someone?!

Architecture:Design | 17" alPB | 23" cinema display etc...

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2003, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by Arch.:
AssassyN, do you know if there is anyway to check the status of my order over the phone on the weekend? The ADC number is closed and the F-ckers at the normal apple # wont even bring up my order. By the way did you ever get your case for the laptop?
Unfortuantely, the only way to check an ADC order on the weekend is by going to Apple.com, click Store, and login to your account.

And yep, I just received my case (just saw it today as I was gone all weekend) and I must say I love it! It's such a great case, the shoulder strap is thick and has a slip-resistant coasting on it, and it's curved just so that the case fits EXTREMELY comfortably on your shoulder and doesn't force you to lean a certain way to keep it there. Too, it's got enough compartments to store basically anything you could imagine in there. CD's, extra battery or AC adapter, pens, books, folders, PDA's, iPods, etc. And the removeable sleeve in which the 17" PB goes in is VERY thickly padded, I mean WAY padded, you could drop it on concrete in that sleeve alone and it wouldn't hurt it a bit I can imagine. And everything removeable just velcro's back into place perfectly! The zippers are really rugged and it's got a nifty non-removeable tag on the side in which you can slide your business card or contact info. in in case it gets misplaced. The great thing is the removeable sleeve, which you can use when JUST needing the notebook & nothing more, it saves you from having to buy a seperate one, as the removeable sleeve even has it's own carrying handle as well. I'm very, very pleased with the quality of it, and for such a fully-featured bag w/ TONS of room, it's still maintains a small form factor and is extremely LIGHT! If you need a 17" PB case/sleeve, GET IT!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Arch.
Forum Regular
Mar 23, 2003, 06:49 PM

I ordered it...but like most things that you buy from apple I guess that I will have to wait forever. Do you think that you could take some pictures of it?

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 23, 2003, 07:53 PM

Sure thing, lemme get my digicam and snap some shots
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

krakmunkey
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2003, 10:35 AM

i ordered mine on jan 17, and i had an original ship date of OOB the 15th then it was changed to 4/1/03 it is a standard config. i don't understand, someone at the top of the page said that they ordered on the 7th and they have recieved it already, as in mid march! apple can't seem to telll me anything about this, and well they are holding something up, i am a theatre guy, and i have developed a piece of software for the theatre i work with that uses time code, DMX and dimmer control so that a show will begin running pre show sequences without someone pushing a button, but the show that this was designed for opens in a week and i'm kinda hoping that the computer gets here by then. if anyone that ordered a 17" powerbook around the same time as i, and they have recieved theirs already PLEASE LET ME KNOW, via e-mail, [email protected] so that i can call apple and have something to really say to them. thanks all, and to thse of you that have them already i hope ur enjoying them since the Apple Stores have them already and I DON'T I've seen them and they are AMAZING.
thanks
-josh (aka Krakmunkey)
( Last edited by krakmunkey; Mar 24, 2003 at 10:40 AM. )

ichibod
Mar 24, 2003, 11:33 PM

Any new news?

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2003, 11:50 PM

Still hasn't changed from 4/7/03, and my credit card still hasn't been charged.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Arch.
Forum Regular
Mar 24, 2003, 11:57 PM

I got my tracking # today for my case. I am going **** ing crazy!!!!

digitalpimp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2003, 03:01 AM

no news here. I called the other day and was told "i'm near the top of the queue." Wow, thanks.

Didn't realize switching was so hard.

I picked up a 20" cinema display today, and hooked it up to my PC for the time being. Pretty sweet monitor. Had to get the dvi-adc converter but I think I need it for the 17" too. Dosent show my bios information when i'm booting, but i think that's because it only goes to 640x480 and from what I remember bios/pre windows resolution is smaller than that. Works fine in XP though. Very crisp.

I remember reading on pbzone.com or powerbookcentral.com how someone who ordered march 2nd already had theirs shipped. That is total crap right there. I ordered 1/17 via ADC and haven't heard a peep! My birthday is thursday, they're probably waiting for that (I hope).

-M

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 25, 2003, 08:24 AM

Ahh, nice choice on the LDC, and best of luck getting it shipped this week!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

forcelite
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 25, 2003, 01:33 PM

are you all talking about the 17" model, cause I ordered the 12" yesterday and they are already building it.

I am guessing you are

digitalpimp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2003, 01:35 PM

yep, we're talking about the 17incher. The 12 is just too small for me

krakmunkey
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 29, 2003, 08:42 AM

i spoke to apple yesterday, aswell as checked the online status web page, my computer HAS shipped, i was informed that all the backorders in my block have been moved to PRIORITY OVERNIGHT FEDEX SHIPPING WHOO HOOO!!! it was shipped today, with an estimated delivery date of the 2nd since it has to come from overseas. I CANNOT wait to see this amazing machine!! i'lll keep you all posted of its journey. yippie!

Moose
Senior User
Mar 29, 2003, 09:25 AM

Originally posted by krakmunkey:
i spoke to apple yesterday, aswell as checked the online status web page, my computer HAS shipped, i was informed that all the backorders in my block have been moved to PRIORITY OVERNIGHT FEDEX SHIPPING WHOO HOOO!!! it was shipped today, with an estimated delivery date of the 2nd since it has to come from overseas. I CANNOT wait to see this amazing machine!! i'lll keep you all posted of its journey. yippie!
Yes. Mine shipped today, too.

About Effing Time.

AssassyN
Professional Poster
Mar 29, 2003, 11:25 AM

Moose, did yours get upgraded to Priority Overnight Shipping as well?! My credit card just got charged this morning (see the other ADC shipping post in the forums) and I'm really hoping all of the people getting theirs shipped this late will get bumped to Overnight shipping to speed the process!!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

digitalpimp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 29, 2003, 11:28 AM

Moose, did yours get upgraded to Priority Overnight Shipping as well?! My credit card just got charged this morning (see the other ADC shipping post in the forums) and I'm really hoping all of the people getting theirs shipped this late will get bumped to Overnight shipping to speed the process!!
mine got shipped this morning too

I dont know if this is next day air or not, but here's what fed ex's page says:

Service Type IP Direct Distribution
Estimated Delivery Date 04/02/2003 by 10:30

doyouflip  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 29, 2003, 12:01 PM

Looks like I'm joining the club. Mine shipped this morning too.

Ordered: 2/1
OOB: 4/1
Shipped: 3/29
Est delivery: 4/2

ichibod
Mar 29, 2003, 12:27 PM

I don't want to piss anyone off, but mine shipped today too =D Standard config, ADC.

ordered 3-2-03
shipped 3-29-03
OOB 4-14-03

digitalpimp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 29, 2003, 12:38 PM

Originally posted by ichibod:
I don't want to piss anyone off, but mine shipped today too =D Standard config, ADC.

ordered 3-2-03
shipped 3-29-03
OOB 4-14-03
I don't see a reason to be pissed, but i definitely am confused at the randomness of orders. I waited since 1/17, others waited even longer, and you ordered 3 1/2 weeks ago and your's shipped the same day as ours. freakin strange.

-M

ichibod
Mar 29, 2003, 12:42 PM

Originally posted by digitalpimp:
I don't see a reason to be pissed, but i definitely am confused at the randomness of orders. I waited since 1/17, others waited even longer, and you ordered 3 1/2 weeks ago and your's shipped the same day as ours. freakin strange.

-M
I just dont want to upset those people who's got pushed back until May 1, if theirs for some dumb reason didn't ship. But I assume everyone's did.

Moose
Senior User
Mar 29, 2003, 04:10 PM

Says the service type is IP Direct Distribution. Which, I think means, "as soon as it can get there." They're estimating 4/2.

Forum Links
Forum Rules