Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Safari crashes all the time

Safari crashes all the time
cszar2001
Photo Architect
Sep 4, 2004, 05:48 AM

Safri crashes regularly every two weeks or so.
Running 10.3.5. on a PB17 Rev. A.
Any ideas?
"Microsoft is a cross between the Borg and the Ferengi. Unfortunately, they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to do their programming." Simon Slavin

Me on Flickr.

cszar2001  (op)
Photo Architect
Sep 4, 2004, 11:02 AM

Guys!
Please help!!
Any info is appreciated.
"Microsoft is a cross between the Borg and the Ferengi. Unfortunately, they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to do their programming." Simon Slavin

Me on Flickr.

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Sep 4, 2004, 11:22 AM

please give more info....does it crash at a specific site, or just randomly every 2 weeks? if you create another user account on the computer and use that one, does safari crash?
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

cszar2001  (op)
Photo Architect
Sep 4, 2004, 11:30 AM

Doesn`t matter which site I open.
Happened today when I wanted to open the feedback site on Ebay.

Haven`t tried another account yet.

Me on Flickr.

cszar2001  (op)
Photo Architect
Sep 4, 2004, 03:40 PM

This is new: it just crashed for the third time today.

Me on Flickr.

CatOne
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2004, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by cszar2001:
This is new: it just crashed for the third time today.
What does crashreporter say? Go to the console application and post the safari crash logs here. We can't help you if you don't give us any info -- Safari shouldn't just crash.

I saw an issue with my parents where QuickTime was causing lots of crashes in Safari and Mail.app, and it was clearly evident in the crash logs. Post the logs.

cszar2001  (op)
Photo Architect
Sep 4, 2004, 04:57 PM

Originally posted by CatOne:
What does crashreporter say? Go to the console application and post the safari crash logs here. We can't help you if you don't give us any info -- Safari shouldn't just crash.

I saw an issue with my parents where QuickTime was causing lots of crashes in Safari and Mail.app, and it was clearly evident in the crash logs. Post the logs.
Crashreporter?
There is a lot of stuff when I open Console - but I don`t know what to copy.
Everytime Safari crashes there opens a window that asks if I want to send a crash report to Apple. If I copy the information in that window - would that be sufficient?

Me on Flickr.

CatOne
Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2004, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by cszar2001:
Crashreporter?
There is a lot of stuff when I open Console - but I don`t know what to copy.
Everytime Safari crashes there opens a window that asks if I want to send a crash report to Apple. If I copy the information in that window - would that be sufficient?
Probably.

But you can also run the console application, click "logs" and then open ~/Library/Logs, open CrashReporter, and select Safari.

cszar2001  (op)
Photo Architect
Sep 5, 2004, 03:29 AM

What should I be looking for?
I don`t want to put all of it in here because it`s huge.

Me on Flickr.

clarkgoble
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2004, 03:45 AM

Mine isn't crashing but the upgrade of Safari with 10.3.5 surely is a big step back in performance. It seems slower and I get the spinning beach ball where I can't do anything far more often than I ever did with 10.3.4. There is also the problem that if you click to open a link in a new tab, that tab will come to the forefront unexpectedly. I often open up slow loading sites in new tabs while I type in an other. I most definitely *don't* want to have the Windows experience of having some other site unexpectedly come to the forefront.

Bad Safari. Bad.

cszar2001  (op)
Photo Architect
Sep 5, 2004, 03:49 AM

Originally posted by clarkgoble:
There is also the problem that if you click to open a link in a new tab, that tab will come to the forefront unexpectedly. I often open up slow loading sites in new tabs while I type in an other. I most definitely *don't* want to have the Windows experience of having some other site unexpectedly come to the forefront.

Bad Safari. Bad.
Yep. That sucks even worse.

Me on Flickr.

Forum Links
Forum Rules