Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Moderators please read!

Moderators please read!
Grrr
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 4, 2001, 09:58 PM

Ok.. Not sure where to start.. But firstly, I guess i'll introduce myself.. Some of you may know me as "iPaul UK" So why am I not using that name now? Because for some reason my password has stopped working! "Well Email MacNN about it then and stop whining here!" I hear you say.. Well I did. 3 times. And got sweet nothing for a reply. And I first Emailed them several days ago I might add.

I have posted a few messages as an unregistered user. But this is tedious and annoying. Plus of course I could not post in this forum at all because I need to be registered to post here! So.. I have had to register a new name, JUST so that I can write this!

Now.. All I can think of that MIGHT have caused my password to go AWOL. Was that I had to update my Email address on my profile (it had been showing the wrong one for months). Only silly me got it slightly wrong (So it was still wrong). But I can't see why information in my profile would have any affect on my password? Ok.. next I hear you say "Did you try clicking on "Forgotten your password?"" Well of course I did that.. But this is Emailed to me. And of course the correct Email address is not in my profile, so that isn't gonna work!

But i'm really p!$$ed off to be honest that 3 Emails have gone un answered! So I'm hoping a moderator or three might read this and do something about it. By the way, these Emails were sent to "[email protected]"

This is my last ditch attempt to get some help here! So I hope i'm not going to be let down this time..

"iPaul UK"
The worst thing about having a failing memory is..... no, it's gone.

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Jun 4, 2001, 10:58 PM

Sorry to hear that ... my only guess is that there's no one who's *regularly* checking the [email protected] email account, and so no one has seen your mail yet. When in doubt, email one of the moderators or admins that you know are active (or you could even email Monish).

Anyway, to get to solve your problem. I've looked at your member records profile, and I can see your password there fine. I can email it to you if you'd like. As for the email address listed, it's listed as [email protected]. I can change the email address (not the password, though), so if you could just post which is the correct email address, I can update that information as well.

Hope you're feeling better.

cheers,
gzl
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

iPaul UK
Senior User
Jun 5, 2001, 06:35 AM

Thanks You

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Jun 5, 2001, 03:42 PM

No problem.
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

Forum Links
Forum Rules