Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Hilarious anti-drug campaign aimed at gamers.

Hilarious anti-drug campaign aimed at gamers.
sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 6, 2009, 06:54 PM

So Above The Influence has a new website dedicated to pointing out how getting high can affect getting your game on. Not only is this notion ridiculous, they decided to package their info in a crappy Flash page that takes forever to load.

http://www.abovetheinfluence.com/fac...id=sprig-flash (be patient, it takes forever to load)

Yes folks, from the same people who, in one of their TV ads, show teenagers not going to movies because they're getting stoned. I dunno who does their 'research' (if anyone actually does) but wouldn't getting super baked AND going to the movies make way more sense? <sigh> Also little Jessica went to a party, smoked a joint AND SOMEHOW GOT KNOCKED UP. Couldn't be because of booze, she must've been high.

I found this link through Penny Arcade, so that might explain the heavy traffic the site is getting.

So remember, even if player 'SmokeNbluntz420' is much better than you, his pot use cripples him as a player. Also this means that the many times Fatty beat your ass in Halo 3 his coordination was off, he had anxiety about the match, and he couldn't remember what game he was playing.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Mar 6, 2009, 07:12 PM

I played Halo right after Left 4 Dead last night, and I kept forgetting what game I was playing. Or at least you'd think so from the number of times I fragged myself when I meant to melee. But I was sober, so I can only imagine that if I'd been high I would have somehow wound up pregnant.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Mar 6, 2009, 07:17 PM

Charlie Blue played Halo 3? I MUST be high...

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2009, 08:22 PM

That site takes WAY too long to load, WTF.

sek929  (op)
Posting Junkie
Mar 6, 2009, 08:23 PM

Ha, that was my first impression. Not only are they shoveling truckloads of BS at you, they have the audacity to have their site load a huge f**kin flash interface.

Could they be any more out of touch?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Mar 6, 2009, 09:30 PM

And then once it loads, the interface is some weird crap that I guess is meant to be "computery" but isn't really unless your only experience with computers is watching bad action movies. And it's for gamers — one of the most tech-savvy groups in America.

Sometimes I think these people are actually paid by marijuana growers to make anyone who doesn't smoke pot look ridiculous.
Chuck
___

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2009, 09:31 PM

Flash interfaces can be very small and efficient, this is not an example.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Mar 6, 2009, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by boy8cookie View Post
Flash interfaces can be very small and efficient, this is not an example.
Not that we'd be able to tell — watching the Activity window, it looks like their server pushes about 500 bytes per second.
Chuck
___

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2009, 08:20 AM

Drug are baaad, M'kay?

Forum Links
Forum Rules