Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > iMessage, FaceTime hit by second outage in under a week

iMessage, FaceTime hit by second outage in under a week
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Apr 12, 2013, 01:14 PM

Apple's iMessage and FaceTime services experienced another outage earlier today, according to the company's system status page. The outage is listed as having affected "some users" between 10:45AM and 12:07PM Eastern time. As of this writing, all of Apple's online services are once again operating normally.

The outage is the second for iMessage and FaceTime in less than a week. The one on Tuesday lasted over five hours, an unusually long period of time. Any such downtime can potentially be crippling, since iMessage and FaceTime are the default messaging platforms in OS X and iOS.

hohenja
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 13, 2013, 12:43 AM

I think the company needs a better Public Representative agent than the aire of silence. I want to know what is the problem. Is it the ghosts of MobileMe? This sounds a bit like the BlackBerry Messenger outages from the recent past albeit not 10 days long.

cgc
Professional Poster
Apr 13, 2013, 07:30 AM

It was just an outage so the US Government could install their data exfiltrators after last week's news iMessage encryption was unbreakable.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

glideslope
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 13, 2013, 10:11 PM

It was the NSA.
To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.”
Sun Tzu

cgc
Professional Poster
Apr 14, 2013, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by glideslope View Post
It was the NSA.
You'll know that it was the NSA if you look up and see a drone circling your home...
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Apr 14, 2013, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by cgc View Post
You'll know that it was the NSA if you look up and see a drone circling your home...
If you have time to see the drone, it's not you they're after.

cgc
Professional Poster
Apr 15, 2013, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
If you have time to see the drone, it's not you they're after.
Touché

Forum Links
Forum Rules