Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Iraqi Children Killed

Iraqi Children Killed
angaq0k
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 04:37 PM

Four schoolchildren have been killed by gunfire in Baghdad, shortly after a roadside bomb ripped through a US military vehicle, witnesses said.

Some witnesses said the children, all aged around 12, were shot dead by US troops who had opened fire randomly after the blast on Canal Street in eastern Baghdad. At least five other people were wounded.

The children had left their nearby school to look at the burning Humvee, the witnesses said.

Children and some passersby were "celebrating" the attack near the vehicle when the deadly shots were fired.

The US military had no immediate word on the incident.

"I saw a child lying on the street with a bullet hole in his neck and another in his side," said a driver who witnessed the incident.

"He had his schoolbag on his back. Some 15 minutes later his relatives came and took his body away."

A nearby hospital confirmed receiving the bodies of four children with gunshot wounds.

The targeted Humvee was part of a military convoy driving through the street.

Two soldiers in the Humvee were evacuated from the scene by military medics, they said.
Why would children "celebrate" the death of their liberators?

Ah well. They're dead now. We'll never know.
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 25, 2004, 04:38 PM

Because they are brainwashed by the ignorant hateful pig dogs.

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2004, 05:05 PM

How old does one have to be to actually be a little terrorist?

By definition of Al-gee-zoo-rah-rah, old enough to walk.

Nuke'm.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 25, 2004, 05:18 PM

This is child abuse.

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
This is child abuse.

I remember when my Mom would get angry whenever soomeone would give me a Toy gun.

Today I hate guns. I don't want them near me for any reasons.

When I think it is legal to bare arms in some countries...

Oh! La! La!
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 05:22 PM

This is child abuse.

So...

How is it that this is child abuse according to you? He has a plastic gun and he is supervised by adults...

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2004, 05:26 PM

He's being used for political purposes.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 25, 2004, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by chabig:
are you sure?

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 05:37 PM

Originally posted by chabig:
How so?

And tell me, when an elected official shows his children on the podium before the elections, wouldn't that be the same?

Wouldn't the exposure be more important?

And how is this picture demonstrating this child is used for a political motive? And how is the child abused for that?

How different is this picture from another one, where a white kid dressed as a cow-boy shoots at another one dressed as an indian, one sunny afternoon during a family reunion on the 4th of july?

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 25, 2004, 05:37 PM

Originally posted by angaq0k:
I remember when my Mom would get angry whenever soomeone would give me a Toy gun.

Today I hate guns. I don't want them near me for any reasons.

When I think it is legal to bare arms in some countries...

Oh! La! La!
it is legal to bare arms. WHEN YOU ARE AN ADULT.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 05:39 PM

it is legal to bare arms. WHEN YOU ARE AN ADULT.

Nothing wrong with that at all.
Don't be silly. The gun of that picture is a toy.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 25, 2004, 05:41 PM

Don't be silly. The gun of that picture is a toy.
Would you like to me to post pics of Palestinian kids holding the real deal? I can if you wish.

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2004, 05:42 PM

So, the kid is only a few months to a year away from letting them strap a "toy" around his waist and then having him ride his bike in town to "get some virgins"...

Sick.

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 05:50 PM

Would you like to me to post pics of Palestinian kids holding the real deal? I can if you wish.
Thumbs up yourself!

I can show you pictures of kids with weapons too!

But you showed a kid with a toy! Next time, post accordingly to your words so you can get some credibility!

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 05:53 PM

Originally posted by ghost_flash:
So, the kid is only a few months to a year away from letting them strap a "toy" around his waist and then having him ride his bike in town to "get some virgins"...

Sick.
Not much different than some North American teenagers...

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 25, 2004, 05:53 PM

IBut you showed a kid with a toy! Next time, post accordingly to your words so you can get some credibility!
Ok sure

Child Abuse.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 25, 2004, 05:54 PM

Not much different than some North American teenagers...
Bzzzzzzt we aren't teaching them to go buy guns and use them. When they get caught, we punish them. We don't encourage it.

And these aren't teens.

You are now making excuses.

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 05:54 PM

Ok sure

Child Abuse.
Yes it is according to most Occidental Laws. It also violates many articles in International Laws.

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2004, 06:00 PM

The last picture is a competition..... nothing wrong with that.

The winner gets to wear a bomb and walk into a crowded marketplace and blow up fellow children.

You know, like the bombs that shredded two buses killing about 20 children? They burned alive. Your terrorist friends killed 20 children going home from school....

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 06:05 PM

Yet, those were children killed leaving schools.

Somehow, some people decided to turn that as if the kids who were described "celebrating" over the bombing of a Humvee were actually in the process of terrorism indoctrination...

But none of you have even asked themselves why they were curious about the bombing.
Or why they were "celebrating".

I think it is pretty sad that people are constantly blamed although they are the weakest, yet no one is willing to look at the possibility that the abuse may come from the "Liberators".

I think time will show that Iraq will be a country riddle with ongoing "terrorism" fed by the ignorance and incompetence of the Liberators whom will have gave more time in protecting the derricks rather than the schools to protect democracy and the teaching of such great values as Justice, Fairness, Equality, and Freedom.

The weak has to be blame, and the strong to be gloryfied. How can we not see the irony of this?

Weren't the strong over there to free the weak? Obviously not. And rare are those in this hread who could prove the contrary...

benb
Apr 25, 2004, 06:05 PM

How so?

And tell me, when an elected official shows his children on the podium before the elections, wouldn't that be the same?

Wouldn't the exposure be more important?

And how is this picture demonstrating this child is used for a political motive? And how is the child abused for that?

How different is this picture from another one, where a white kid dressed as a cow-boy shoots at another one dressed as an indian, one sunny afternoon during a family reunion on the 4th of july?
If Bush was standing with a 10 year-old with a plastic M16 at an NRA meeting, you'd throw a hissy fit.

So stop with the double standard.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 25, 2004, 06:06 PM

Originally posted by benb:
If Bush was standing with a 10 year-old with a plastic M16 at an NRA meeting, you'd throw a hissy fit.

Of course he would. And yeah.. the apologetic excuses are very obvious here.

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 06:07 PM

The last picture is a competition..... nothing wrong with that.

The winner gets to wear a bomb and walk into a crowded marketplace and blow up fellow children.

You know, like the bombs that shredded two buses killing about 20 children? They burned alive. Your terrorist friends killed 20 children going home from school....

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 06:10 PM

Maybe you should read my posts carefuly.

A toy is a toy.

What the **** do I care with the NRA?

benb
Apr 25, 2004, 06:10 PM

I think it is pretty sad that people are constantly blamed although they are the weakest, yet no one is willing to look at the possibility that the abuse may come from the "Liberators".
And I think it's sad that people would rather see Iraq in total disarray so they can say "see, I told you so" that the citizens having a better life than they previously did.

You know what, if anything, will make Iraq like you predict? Party bickering and people that sit at home doing nothing but hoping it's a disaster just so they can be right.

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 06:11 PM

Of course he would. And yeah.. the apologetic excuses are very obvious here.
Don't be silly.

Zimphire
Baninated

A toy is a toy.

And I posted pics where they weren't holding toys.

benb

A toy is a toy.

Like a cat in a corner. Watch the expletives fly.

swrate
Senior User
Apr 25, 2004, 06:18 PM

burning pulse.
kids the victims ---- so often too often

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...p?story=514691

yes, anger
anger.

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 06:30 PM

And I think it's sad that people would rather see Iraq in total disarray so they can say "see, I told you so" that the citizens having a better life than they previously did.

You know what, if anything, will make Iraq like you predict? Party bickering and people that sit at home doing nothing but hoping it's a disaster just so they can be right.
You got it all wrong here, at least, about my point of view on the situation.

First of all Saddam Hussein had to be removed. But not in 2003. He should have been removed when Rumsfeld [i]first[/] shook hands with him, when he was a commodity against Iran and was already guilty of several crimes against humanity. How an American could shake hands with such a slime of a caricature of a human being I still cannot understand...

I believe there should be a presence there now for sure, to avoid people being hurt. But it should be the U.N.

As to be at home, believe me, I look at your post and you seem just as home as I am...

As for party, I am not affiliated to any party, so stop your prejudice right there. I speak for myself, and myself only.

In terms of disaster:

1) ALL analysts agreed that there were not enough troops sent over there to do the job;
2) dissolving the Iraqi Army from the beginning was a sure recipe of losing control on the "tough" elements in Iraq;
3) using mercenaries is showing a lot of disrespect for Iraqis and U.S. soldiers since mercenaries do not abide to the same moral codes as the military;
4) puting all the efforts in protecting the oil rather than the population first gave plenty of reasons to have the Coalition antagonized by the population.
5) providing contracts to foreign powers and inadequate wages for the population in the reconstruction gives more reasons to hate the Coalition
6) Puting a provisional government to create another powerless government for the future of Iraq is not goping to make the population friendly, since they will be as powerless as they were under Saddam Hussein (minus the torture? I think not: we will see more of it!)
7) Indebting the Iraqis for the next few decades to repay for their liberation from Saddam Hussein would be acceptable if it were not for the previous 6 points I have made...

Last but not least, there are people who benefit a lot from the upheaval in Iraq, and they are not Iraqi and it is not the soldiers of the Coalition. The Hamas may benefit from it, but all the military industry will rejoice in the billions generated to keep the area "safe".

There are no disaster that cannot be prevented or contained. In Iraq, things are getting worse either because of incompetence, or because someone is profiting from it.

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 06:33 PM

This is child abuse.

The boy is holding a toy Zimphire. Stop manipulating the thread.

The next pictures you posted looked like real guns to me.

What kind of game are you playing here Zimphire?

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 06:35 PM

Originally posted by swrate:
burning pulse.
kids the victims ---- so often too often

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...p?story=514691

yes, anger
anger.
That is child abuse as well. Hopefully the culprits will see Justice.

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2004, 06:40 PM

That is child abuse as well. Hopefully the culprits will see Justice.
They will. What about all the Palastinians? Where are the human rights activists where they are concerned? Hmmm?

"The Israeli High Court is due to pass judgment on 2 May on a series of petitions from both Palestinians and some of their Israeli neighbours about the planned route of the fence which would cut off Biddo, Beit Surik, and other Palestinian villagers from their olive groves and fruit orchards.

Gil Kleiman, a police spokesman said last night: "As a general rule we do not willingly expose civilians to physical damage. In this case there was prima facie evidence that procedures were carried out which were incorrect, and this has been passed to the Justice Ministry."

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 25, 2004, 06:49 PM

The boy is holding a toy Zimphire. Stop manipulating the thread.

Again,I showed pics of them holding real ones. And now you are making excuses.

The next pictures you posted looked like real guns to me.

What kind of game are you playing here Zimphire?
Heh, I am not the one playing games here.

swrate
Senior User
Apr 25, 2004, 06:50 PM

And I posted pics where they weren't holding toys.
right, they are not holding toys.
throwing stones at early ages, in Leb, many places, kids retaliate, following their parents.

zimp,
do you think its ok Israeli police ties a kid that age on a windscreen as a human shield?

don't you understand why they train kids to resist occupation?

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 06:56 PM

They will. What about all the Palastinians? Where are the human rights activists where they are concerned? Hmmm?
The same ghost_flash.

You seem to say we support terrorism. Answer: NO!

We differ on the WAY terrorism is fought.
We differ on the idea of whom is a terrorist as well.

My take on this is: Whoever is handling a weapon (or any media standing for, or usable as, or using a message with the potential to inflict fear, terror, or the anticipation of physical, sexual, psychological, economical, religious, or emotional trauma) is in a position to terrorize.

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2004, 07:02 PM

Heh, I am not the one playing games here. [/B]
That's right. I remember you said you never read your posts.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 25, 2004, 08:06 PM

That's right. I remember you said you never read your posts.
Ah silly ad-hominem attacks to distract from the topic.

I never said I didn't read my posts BTW.

I said I don't always re-read them before I hit enter. Meaning I don't always proofread my posts before I hit enter.

I always know what they say.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2004, 08:12 PM

You just don't want to hear "I told you so".

From this day forth anyone uttering the phrase "I told you so" shall be reported as a terrorist sympathizer.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2004, 02:31 AM

We should engage our personal views in a spirit of positive banter and healthy debate. We should not be enticed into fascinating subject matter only to see; "you're ducking again." , "ahh, but you said", "no I didn't" , "yes you did", "you're misquoting me", "no I'm not", "yes you are". Seriously folks. Let's approach these forums and discussions as if they were an opportunity to present opposing ideals. This is life college and we are all given an opportunity to speak. Do not get personal. Do not be sensitive. Just debate facts and opinions as they are. Angoq had some good points below, but I'd like to take issue w/ a couple of them;

You got it all wrong here, at least, about my point of view on the situation.

First of all Saddam Hussein had to be removed. But not in 2003. He should have been removed when Rumsfeld [i]first[/] shook hands with him, when he was a commodity against Iran and was already guilty of several crimes against humanity. How an American could shake hands with such a slime of a caricature of a human being I still cannot understand...

Simple really. The enemy of my enemy at that time is my friend. BTW, shaking one's hand is a way of telling them; "see, I'm not so bad." It can also be strategic in luring one to believe all is well when truly all is not. Many are betrayed daily with kisses, hugs, handshakes, promises, UN resolutions, etc... As for removing Saddam back during Bush senior's administration, there was much international scrutiny over our actions in Iraq at that time as well. You see the International scrutiny involving our actions there now and we had pretty damning evidence of cover-up via violated UN resolutions. We did not have as strong a case for his removal then and we would have done much more harm to the PR game. i.e. you think our PR is bad now, removing him then would've been very bad for us.

I believe there should be a presence there now for sure, to avoid people being hurt. But it should be the U.N.

The UN has proven completely inept at peace-keeping and it's corrupt member-states will serve to hinder our progress there. Toppling and replacing dictatorial regimes is an extremely difficult and time-consuming task. No one in the current administration claimed it would come quickly and be without cost. It is bad, but it is not mayhem. I say, stay the course.

As to be at home, believe me, I look at your post and you seem just as home as I am...

As for party, I am not affiliated to any party, so stop your prejudice right there. I speak for myself, and myself only.

this is an admirable way of life and one I'd recommend to all. I too am no one's apologist and believe human-kind in general is in need of awakening. All of it. Including this administration.

In terms of disaster:

1) ALL analysts agreed that there were not enough troops sent over there to do the job;

It is very politically correct for "analysts" to say that now. Unfortunately, it would've been extremely politically damaging to have said it more clearly prior. I agree that we are too much in the "hearts and minds" mentality of fighting this war and need to focus on "success." To the analysts who critique as an occupation...suit up.

2) dissolving the Iraqi Army from the beginning was a sure recipe of losing control on the "tough" elements in Iraq;

Thing is, they never had control, nor sufficient training. We're working on building that aspect from the ground, up. Also not an easy undertaking to be sure. Good thing those "tough" elements are sparce and certainly do not constitute the majority viewpoint in Iraq. I'd urge all to remember that several isolated areas reappear in the news. Areas like Falujah. This is where tragedy is. Successes are not newsworthy therefore, we are led to believe there is a state of mayhem in Iraq and that is just not so.

3) using mercenaries is showing a lot of disrespect for Iraqis and U.S. soldiers since mercenaries do not abide to the same moral codes as the military;
4) puting all the efforts in protecting the oil rather than the population first gave plenty of reasons to have the Coalition antagonized by the population.

Protecting the primary assett to Iraq was critical in it's reconstruction. Burning oil fields will not help them back on their feet. They have to have something to rekindle their economy. Actually, the more I read on the first stages of this action, the more impressed I became with how it was strategized. This peice worked much more precisely than was thought. Also, remember, our efforts could not have "all" been on protecting oil fields. There were actually several things going on at once. Still are. I do have problems with the post-war stategy, but I don't know of many "post" strategies that were viewed as successful. This requires future-telling and unfortunately there's a shortage on credible prophets these days. I'm not being a smart-aleck, it's just the truth. "post" strategies are always full of difficult ambiguities. Hard to plan around.

5) providing contracts to foreign powers and inadequate wages for the population in the reconstruction gives more reasons to hate the Coalition

Again, most do not "hate" the coalition. With a population of over 23 million people, there would be a mass implosion upon the coalition forces the likes of which we could not endure. Those that want to hate the coalition will do it while eating from a bag of rice on which USA is printed in large, black, bold print. There is absolutely nothing that can be done about this. It is inefficient to concern ourselves with trying.

6) Puting a provisional government to create another powerless government for the future of Iraq is not goping to make the population friendly, since they will be as powerless as they were under Saddam Hussein (minus the torture? I think not: we will see more of it!)

Again, the population is not "unfriendly" now. A fringe and criminal element exists to be sure, but cannot be confused with the population. The murder at Columbine is not indicative of an entirely murderous culture here. One can argue that the current state of our belief structure facilitates the behaviors of our children, but that's not this discussion. In reply to your statement regarding the interim and long-term governing body of Iraq; a free society carries with it much more clout and power than a "fear" society. This will take time, but if successful, many more will be willingly working for progress, as opposed to operating from fear of it's authority.

7) Indebting the Iraqis for the next few decades to repay for their liberation from Saddam Hussein would be acceptable if it were not for the previous 6 points I have made...

True. This remains to be seen.
ebuddy

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2004, 02:49 AM

Hey, guys, remember that time we missed the big picture?

quandarry
Apr 26, 2004, 02:55 AM

Heh, I am not the one playing games here.
so let me get this straight...

american troops shoot unarmed children because they're freaking out because their convoy was just hit.

you post pictures of kids with guns totally unrelated to the incident....

sooooo.....

this makes it ok in your mind that these children were shot.

sometime i just want to puke and i think this is one of those times.

god zimph... i hope your children are never killed with those kind of lame excuses...after all very young american kids have guns and use them.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 05:51 AM

This story doesn't even make sense. The car blew up and instead of shooting at possible perpetrators then the soldiers waited 15 minutes for a crowd to gather and then fired away? No one tried to secure the vehicle at the time of the explosion to evacuate the survivors and kept people away? I'd like to see who the credible witnesses who reported this version of the story are.
Let's say a gun right broke out right after the explosion. In the time it would have taken these kids to walk over from the school that gun exchange would have had to of started. So then how did the kids have time to celebrate over the burning car and get in the way if the bombers were already in the vicinity and engaged the US soldiers? Either the kids were right there sitting next to the people who did the bombing, or someone in that crowd celebrating shot at the military, or the story didn't happen this way at all because the injured would have been moved away with the rest of the convoy by the time the people would have had time to gather and jump up and down around the burning car.
But whatever, if everyone is OK with people celebrating the dead or hurt in the explosion then I am equally as chipper about these rugrats getting mowed down.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

benb
Apr 26, 2004, 09:52 AM

Originally posted by quandarry:
so let me get this straight...

you post pictures of kids with guns totally unrelated to the incident....
Maybe you missed it; the question in the original post. Here it is.

Why would children "celebrate" the death of their liberators?
Maybe you missed the his response. Here it is as well.

Because they are brainwashed by the ignorant hateful pig dogs.
Now we can see why you missed the reason of the picture, which was to show the 'brainwashing'.

Get it now?

benb
Apr 26, 2004, 09:53 AM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
This story doesn't even make sense. The car blew up and instead of shooting at possible perpetrators then the soldiers waited 15 minutes for a crowd to gather and then fired away? No one tried to secure the vehicle at the time of the explosion to evacuate the survivors and kept people away? I'd like to see who the credible witnesses who reported this version of the story are.
Let's say a gun right broke out right after the explosion. In the time it would have taken these kids to walk over from the school that gun exchange would have had to of started. So then how did the kids have time to celebrate over the burning car and get in the way if the bombers were already in the vicinity and engaged the US soldiers? Either the kids were right there sitting next to the people who did the bombing, or someone in that crowd celebrating shot at the military, or the story didn't happen this way at all because the injured would have been moved away with the rest of the convoy by the time the people would have had time to gather and jump up and down around the burning car.
But whatever, if everyone is OK with people celebrating the dead or hurt in the explosion then I am equally as chipper about these rugrats getting mowed down.
Too true.

badidea
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 10:01 AM

A picture from camp Arrowhead in Texas (USA):

NO COMMENT!
(doesn't look like toys to me but isn't political abuse either though)
( Last edited by badidea; Apr 26, 2004 at 10:16 AM. )

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 26, 2004, 10:02 AM

badidea look at the guns. In boy scouts we were taught to shoot too!

There is a difference between what is going on above, and teaching kids to kill the 'evil Jews"

That was a pathetic attempt.

benb
Apr 26, 2004, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by badidea:

NO COMMENT!
I think we need to send the Iraqi children ear plugs and safety glasses, as well as a few shooting ranges. And .22's. A lot safer for their children interested in shooting targets for sport than what they're currently using.

badidea
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 10:22 AM

badidea look at the guns. In boy scouts we were taught to shoot too!

There is a difference between what is going on above, and teaching kids to kill the 'evil Jews"

That was a pathetic attempt.
My point was only that NO kid should learn how to shoot - neither "evil Jews", "evil americans", "evil arabs" nor "evil whatever"! Get that?

(I am a big fan of our germans laws when it comes to guns and who is allowed to carry them)

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 10:24 AM

Originally posted by badidea:

NO COMMENT!
(doesn't look like toys to me but isn't political abuse either though)
WTF?

How can you equate this picture? Do any of those kids know anything about
breaking a gun down while blindfolded? Do they shoot people targets? or just
plain bull's eye targets for a merit badge?

None of those children will be strapping a bomb to their bodies and then walking
into a crowded marketplace and then setting it off to kill hundreds...

They are not being "trained" to kill anything but a target made of paper.
Their religion doesn't preach the death of the infadels!

Forum Links
Forum Rules