Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Iraqi Children Killed

Iraqi Children Killed (Page 2)
ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2004, 10:30 AM

I also noticed that all of the Texas children pictured are female. Hmm. That's pretty darn cool. Those aren't semi-automatic weapons right? I don't see any flags with hate-speak on them. This is all very encouraging. You know, others could learn from a society as prosperous as we.
ebuddy

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 26, 2004, 10:30 AM

Originally posted by badidea:
My point was only that NO kid should learn how to shoot

Er why not? Shooting a gun isn't bad. Its when your intentions of murdering with that gun is it bad.

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 10:34 AM

I learned to shoot at an early age. It's in our Constitution. It's the Amendement after the "Freedom of Speech" thingy...

Read it sometime.

I wonder how many Arab WOMEN can shoot? They aren't even allowed to speak.....vote, or anything.

America is the greatest nation on earth. We be the best baby! Chicks dig us.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 26, 2004, 10:35 AM

My point was only that NO kid should learn how to shoot - neither "evil Jews", "evil americans", "evil arabs" nor "evil whatever"! Get that?

(I am a big fan of our germans laws when it comes to guns and who is allowed to carry them)

We don't allow criminals to carry guns in the US.

probably works just as well as it does in Germany.

badidea
Professional Poster

Originally posted by ghost_flash:
WTF?

How can you equate this picture? Do any of those kids know anything about
breaking a gun down while blindfolded? Do they shoot people targets? or just
plain bull's eye targets for a merit badge?

None of those children will be strapping a bomb to their bodies and then walking
into a crowded marketplace and then setting it off to kill hundreds...

They are not being "trained" to kill anything but a target made of paper.
Their religion doesn't preach the death of the infadels!
Sorry, I never lived in Texas! I don't know what they are shooting at! Could be a paper model of an african American?
Who knows??
You don't because you don't see the target either!!
And how do you know that those girls won't use their shooting knowledge in a few years to snipe some innocents on the streets because they had a bad they at work??
How do you know what religion they follow just because you looked at this picture?

benb

My point was only that NO kid should learn how to shoot - neither "evil Jews", "evil americans", "evil arabs" nor "evil whatever"! Get that?

(I am a big fan of our germans laws when it comes to guns and who is allowed to carry them)
People only like freedom when it benefits their opinion of how things should work.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 26, 2004, 10:36 AM

Sorry, I never lived in Texas! I don't know what they are shooting at! Could be a paper model of an african American?

Wow.. just wow..

Why don't you read the web page instead of making knee-jerk responses?

And how do you know that those girls won't use their shooting knowledge in a few years to snipe some innocents on the streets because they had a bad they at work??
How do we know they wont attack people with scissors?

benb
Apr 26, 2004, 10:37 AM

Who knows??
How do you know what religion they follow just because you looked at this picture?
It could be! But based on what we know about other shooting ranges, we would have to conclude no. Because have you ever seen a shooting range where the targets are realistic posters of black people? Neither have I. Doesn't mean they don't exist, but we can conclude with confidence that this shooting range does not either.

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 10:39 AM

Who knows??
:>onfused
Do you live in America?
What level of understanding do you actually have of the world? The USA? States?

No range would allow any sort of Human-Like Target, except for Law Enforcement.
I know.

You don't, you just put up some silly picture and pretended it backed up your assertions.
It doesn't.

Later.... much hopefully.

badidea
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 10:42 AM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:
We don't allow criminals to carry guns in the US.

probably works just as well as it does in Germany.
With the little difference that I have no idea how to get a gun if I would like to get one because my boss just fired me...and this makes him a lot safer!

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 26, 2004, 10:43 AM

OMG HE IS RIGHT! PEOPLE DO SHOOT BLACK PEOPLE TARGETS!11one!

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 10:46 AM

With the little difference that I have no idea how to get a gun if I would like to get one because my boss just fired me...and this makes him a lot safer!
I know you.... YOU WERE JUST BANNED! LOL.. St. Pauli.... Who else used to be from there?

You just got fired? or Shot?

badidea
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 10:52 AM

Do you live in America?
What level of understanding do you actually have of the world? The USA? States?

No range would allow any sort of Human-Like Target, except for Law Enforcement.
I know.

You don't, you just put up some silly picture and pretended it backed up your assertions.
It doesn't.

Later.... much hopefully.
I have relatives in Georgia and I have been to America about 8 times from the age of 5 to 23 (didn't come since 8 years because i am also interested in the rest of the world)! I have a very high level of understanding of the world, the USA and the states!
I also know that those little girls are in this camp for vacation and having fun and that most likely none of them will ever kill a human being, neither are they shooting at a human-like target!

The point of posting this picture was the irony of Zimphires posting of other pictures where you guys had nothing else to do then interpreting your view of the "evil" arabian world (I don't mean the picture of the boy in the first post) but there was nothing worse to see than in my picture!
Being able to load a gun blindfolded is a competition, girls aiming is the same as you see on the US picture....it just looks different because they were taken in a different country!

Oh, I forgot, if you still think that the kind of the used guns makes the big difference then it shouldn't be hard for me to find some pictures of 10 year old american boys sitting behind a machine gun in a military dress!

You said that my picture doesn't back up my assertions! Very true!! THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT!!! The other pictures don't either!
( Last edited by badidea; Apr 26, 2004 at 11:08 AM. )

benb
Apr 26, 2004, 11:12 AM

This has nothing to do with gun laws.

If you wanted to kill him, you would.

badidea
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by benb:
This has nothing to do with gun laws.

If you wanted to kill him, you would.
Sure, if I really would WANT to kill I'd probably do it with or without a gun...but killing with a knife or your bare hands is a lot tougher and not that easy if you just do it in an uncontrolled anger situation (affect?? Don't know if you use that word in english)!

It is actually pretty easy:
if you carry a gun it gives you the ability to shoot it at whatever...
if you don't carry a gun it is impossible to shoot one!!
( Last edited by badidea; Apr 26, 2004 at 11:32 AM. )

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 26, 2004, 11:30 AM

The point of posting this picture was the irony of Zimphires posting of other pictures where you guys had nothing else to do then interpreting your view of the "evil" arabian world (I don't mean the picture of the boy in the first post) but there was nothing worse to see than in my picture!
Being able to load a gun blindfolded is a competition, girls aiming is the same as you see on the US picture....it just looks different because they were taken in a different country!

And my point is, the two aren't even related. You are being dishonest.

benb
Apr 26, 2004, 11:33 AM

Sure, if I really would WANT to kill I'd probably do it with or without a gun...but killing with a knife or your bare hands is a lot tougher and not that easy if you just do it in an uncontrolled anger situation (affect?? Don't know if you use that word in english)!
So going home, getting a gun, then going back to work to kill your boss is easier than going home, getting a knife, and going back to work to kill your boss?

It takes the same amount of thought either way.

Dakar
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 11:34 AM

Originally posted by benb:
So going home, getting a gun, then going back to work to kill your boss is easier than going home, getting a knife, and going back to work to kill your boss?

It takes the same amount of thought either way.
I think the point he is trying to make is it does not take the same amount of effort.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 26, 2004, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by Dakar:
I think the point he is trying to make is it does not take the same amount of effort.
Huh? It sure does. You know how easy it is to stab someone? Slit their throat?

With a gun.. you at-least have to know how to use it and aim.

badidea
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 11:39 AM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
And my point is, the two aren't even related. You are being dishonest.
Maybe a lack of my understanding of the english language but what is not related to what and what do you mean with dishonest?
(?? Dishonest is the opposite of being honest isn't it??)

Dakar
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 11:41 AM

Granted you may need some training, but using a knife, you put yourself at risk, and it gets a whole lot messier.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 26, 2004, 11:42 AM

Maybe a lack of my understanding of the english language but what is not related to what and what do you mean with dishonest?
(?? Dishonest is the opposite of being honest isn't it??)
They aren't related because one group is teaching their kids to be killing machines, and the other group is teaching the kids to be responsible with firearms.

And yes, by comparing the two, saying they are the same, you are indeed being dishonest.

Which indeed means you aren't being honest.

badidea
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 11:57 AM

They aren't related because one group is teaching their kids to be killing machines, and the other group is teaching the kids to be responsible with firearms.

And yes, by comparing the two, saying they are the same, you are indeed being dishonest.

Which indeed means you aren't being honest.
Oh, that's what you meant!
You missed my point again! Which of those pictures does show the training of a killing machine??
Those pictures show the military training of little arabien kids with automatic guns! I can surely show you the same training pictures of american kids!
I know that it is more likely that your pictures do indeed show the training of "killing machines" than my picture does but since you don't know it you shouldn't interpret this idea in those pictures because otherwise I could HONESTLY do the same with my picture!
That wasn't my intention though...

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 26, 2004, 12:12 PM

Oh, that's what you meant!
You missed my point again! Which of those pictures does show the training of a killing machine??
Those pictures show the military training of little arabien kids with automatic guns! I can surely show you the same training pictures of american kids!
I know that it is more likely that your pictures do indeed show the training of "killing machines" than my picture does but since you don't know it you shouldn't interpret this idea in those pictures because otherwise I could HONESTLY do the same with my picture!
That wasn't my intention though...
You were still being dishonest even posting that pic. You don't seem to understand this.

quandarry
Apr 26, 2004, 12:54 PM

You were still being dishonest even posting that pic. You don't seem to understand this.
so zimph i'm still curious as to when you go in for your medical since i assume you have enlisted. bush needs more people like you...gung ho and all that so he can bring back national guardsmen (which i assume you don't belong to) and reservists (which you also don't belong to). if proud and patriotic guys like you do the job...think of all the young 18 year old kids you will have saved.

ghost_flash i think said he has.

i'm sure you wouldn't need much training because according to ghost_flash it's
in the constitution that children should be taught to shoot...somewhere after the 'speech' thingy...so you must have your childhood training done by now.

flamingmoe will get you if you haven't.

I learned to shoot at an early age. It's in our Constitution. It's the Amendement after the "Freedom of Speech" thingy...

Read it sometime.
hmmmm?...ok...you first tho.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 26, 2004, 01:02 PM

Originally posted by quandarry:
so zimph i'm still curious as to when you go in for your medical since i assume you have enlisted.
I have answered your trollings about this a few times now.

I tried to enlist when I was younger. (I am 31 now) But I was not allowed.

See, I was born deaf in my right ear. This stops me from being allowed to join.

Got it?

netgear
Apr 26, 2004, 01:08 PM

A picture from camp Arrowhead in Texas (USA):

NO COMMENT!
(doesn't look like toys to me but isn't political abuse either though)
Are those kids being taught to fire guns so they can go kill Muslims?

netgear
Apr 26, 2004, 01:10 PM

Stabbing is much harder than you think since it requires strength and know-how to penetrate bone. One has to know the correct places to stab and have the right knife to do the job. A stab wound acts like a vise and the flesh and blood actually can cause the knife to get stuck in the wound. The last thing you want in hand to hand combat is to have your only weapon get stuck in the perpetrator and leave you totally defenseless.

quandarry
Apr 26, 2004, 01:33 PM

I have answered your trollings about this a few times now.

I tried to enlist when I was younger. (I am 31 now) But I was not allowed.

See, I was born deaf in my right ear. This stops me from being allowed to join.

Got it?
yup...got it.

i was just wondering why a guy like you wouldn't and now i believe you would if you could.

i believe 18 to 49 year olds are eligible and if the the ones who were gung-ho enlisted {especially the older mature ones) there wouldn't be a need to have a draft of 18 year olds if things bogged down as they appear to be.

badidea
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 02:22 PM

Yep, seems like I misunderstand the word dishonest...

badidea
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 02:40 PM

And another try to make my point clear!!

Killing machine?

Freedom fighter learning how to handle a gun so no-one gets hurt by accident?

Please don't understand me completely wrong! If I wouldn't have a choice but to send my children to either one of those "training camps" I would send it to the american one for sure!
Luckily I have a choice and therefor I would send my children to a german boy scouts camp where they learn how to build tents, make fire and such useful things instead of handling guns they actually should never use!

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2004, 02:49 PM

OMG HE IS RIGHT! PEOPLE DO SHOOT BLACK PEOPLE TARGETS!11one!

Run Gumby, RUN!!
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 26, 2004, 03:03 PM

Please don't understand me completely wrong! If I wouldn't have a choice but to send my children to either one of those "training camps" I would send it to the american one for sure!
Luckily I have a choice and therefor I would send my children to a german boy scouts camp where they learn how to build tents, make fire and such useful things instead of handling guns they actually should never use!
Ahahah I learned those things too. Guess what, you didn't have to take such gun "courses" in boyscouts if you didn't wish. It's not forced upon.

Repeat this over and over. Guns aren't bad. Bad people using guns are.

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2004, 03:11 PM

:waits for the apologists:

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. OBL 29th oct

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2004, 03:11 PM

Ahahah I learned those things too. Guess what, you didn't have to take such gun "courses" in boyscouts if you didn't wish. It's not forced upon.

Repeat this over and over. Guns aren't bad. Bad people using guns are.
Zimph, people who haven't grown up in a free society will always be suspicious of those who have access to guns, that's just the way it is.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Dakar
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 03:13 PM

Originally posted by MacNStein:
Zimph, people who haven't grown up in a free society will always be suspicious of those who have access to guns, that's just the way it is.
I think that its the fact that so much crime is associated with it, that it has a stigma associated with it.

You want to cure that, start a war on illegal firearms, and unlike the war on drugs, make it work.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2004, 03:14 PM

Originally posted by Logic:

Dude, that's a fully automatic weapon. Any sport shooting practiced by children in the US is done with air rifles, bolt-action rifles, or shotguns. Even IF they wanted to they couldn't "hose down" 100s of people with one.
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2004, 03:20 PM

I think that its the fact that so much crime is associated with it, that it has a stigma associated with it.

You want to cure that, start a war on illegal firearms, and unlike the war on drugs, make it work.
It wouldn't work, it would run into the same types of problems. Besides, it would be a HUGE tragedy for the US Nat'l Guard and the Military in general if they tried to rush into Tennessee and confiscate weapons (whether illegal or not). An East TN civilian is a better shot than almost any soldier.

If it took the government that long to catch Eric Rudolph, and they feared that much for their safety while hunting him, I couldn't imagine how it would turn out if they were rummaging around in the Appalachians trying to root out 150K Tennesseans.
- Thomas Paine

Dakar
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 03:22 PM

It wouldn't work, it would run into the same types of problems. Besides, it would be a HUGE tragedy for the US Nat'l Guard and the Military in general if they tried to rush into Tennessee and confiscate weapons (whether illegal or not). An East TN civilian is a better shot than almost any soldier.
I find that to be poor reasoning.

Anyway, I'm more concerned with the stuff that is feeding city violence. TN can wait.

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2004, 03:25 PM

Dude, that's a fully automatic weapon. Any sport shooting practiced by children in the US is done with air rifles, bolt-action rifles, or shotguns. Even IF they wanted to they couldn't "hose down" 100s of people with one.
But why don't you condemn this settler for teaching his kid to use automatic weapons? It didn't take long for you to condemn the Palestinian kid........

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. OBL 29th oct

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2004, 03:38 PM

I find that to be poor reasoning.

Anyway, I'm more concerned with the stuff that is feeding city violence. TN can wait.
This is a case for your city and state legislatures, petition them to crack down on the problem. After all, it's up to each one of us to take care of our own backyards.
- Thomas Paine

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2004, 03:41 PM

But why don't you condemn this settler for teaching his kid to use automatic weapons? It didn't take long for you to condemn the Palestinian kid........
Yep, if he's showing that child how to use that weapon, then yes, it's wrong for him to do that with a kid so young. If I knew him I'd tell him just that.
- Thomas Paine

Dakar
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2004, 03:48 PM

This is a case for your city and state legislatures, petition them to crack down on the problem. After all, it's up to each one of us to take care of our own backyards.
Well, no large city is my backyard. My concern is for the state of cities in the country in general.

netgear

I doubt Israelis would have to be so well armed if the Arabs didn't want to kill them all.

Logic
Addicted to MacNN

Yep, if he's showing that child how to use that weapon, then yes, it's wrong for him to do that with a kid so young. If I knew him I'd tell him just that.
But no condemnation?

Does that mean you would just tell the Palestinians they are wrong to teach their children that?

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2004, 03:49 PM

Originally posted by netgear:
I doubt Israelis would have to be so well armed if the Arabs didn't want to kill them all.
Just as I doubt the Palestinians would blow themselves up if they weren't occupied.

Goes both ways.

Zimphire
Baninated
Apr 26, 2004, 03:52 PM

They will blow themselves up as long as Israel exists.

netgear
Apr 26, 2004, 03:59 PM

Just as I doubt the Palestinians would blow themselves up if they weren't occupied.

Goes both ways.
Occupation is not an excuse to blow yourself or others up. How many Frenchmen strapped bombs to their chests and killed Germans?

However, being armed is an excuse when people are trying to kill you.

netgear
Apr 26, 2004, 04:01 PM

On the contrary, he could be showing the child how to respect the weapon. I know that if I had children they would be taught how to respect the weapons I have since they would see me with them very frequently.

It's not like the settler has a photo of a masked Palestinian there and telling the kid how to aim.

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2004, 04:01 PM

Originally posted by netgear:
Occupation is not an excuse to blow yourself or others up. How many Frenchmen strapped bombs to their chests and killed Germans?
Not enough.

However, being armed is an excuse when people are trying to kill you.
I agree.

Forum Links
Forum Rules