Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Camp Bucca

Camp Bucca
angaq0k
Mac Elite
May 13, 2004, 05:58 PM

link

CBS 60 minutes II report of yesterday. Videos, comments, questions.

I am posting it not so much for the debate, but for others who may want to watch it.

I thought the video diary says a lot about the soldiers' mood, and how it could interfere in their work.
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
May 13, 2004, 06:08 PM

Originally posted by angaq0k:
link

CBS 60 minutes II report of yesterday. Videos, comments, questions.

I am posting it not so much for the debate, but for others who may want to watch it.

I thought the video diary says a lot about the soldiers' mood, and how it could interfere in their work.
Looks like what goes on in prisons everywhere. Prisoners riot, and the guards have to control the situation.

WHen's Rather going to do an expose on Saddam's prisons?

deedar
Mac Elite
May 13, 2004, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by spacefreak:
Looks like what goes on in prisons everywhere. Prisoners riot, and the guards have to control the situation.

Who the hell cares about Saddam's prisons? I'm much more concernerd with how we run prisons that we are responsible for.

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
May 13, 2004, 07:09 PM

Originally posted by spacefreak:

spacefreak, with all du respect, and believe me, I am looking at the human side on both side here; both prisonners and soldiers seem to realy be in prison. That 20 years old woman is seems to present signs of burnout (the one of the video diary). These people should at least be replaced ASAP if we want to avoid further damage.

Personally, I'd rather see them out of there, but if your Army as a minimum of consideration they should be able to detect and assist such soldiers.
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

Forum Links
Forum Rules