Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > More of the Same again...

More of the Same again...
angaq0k
Mac Elite
May 15, 2004, 11:52 AM

At 12:30 in the morning of May 10, approximately 20 U.S. Marines executed a military assault on the Port-au-Prince home of 69-year-old Annette Auguste, a.k.a. Souer Anne._ Auguste�s residence is part of a compound that includes four other apartments that were also invaded by the U.S. military forces._ The troops covered the heads of 11 Haitians with black hoods and then forced them to lay face down on the ground while binding their wrists with plastic manacles behind their backs. The victims of this terrifying U.S. military invasion included five-year-old Chamyr Samedi, 10-year-old Kerlande Philippe, 12-year-old Loubahida Augustine, 14-year-old Luckman Augustine, and seven adults.

From BlackCommentator

The Marines blew up a vehicle and a substantial part of Auguste�s three-story house, leaving behind c4 and c5 explosives paraphernalia including blasting caps and igniters. Not a single member of the Haitian National Police force (PNH) or the de facto Haitian government was present when the U.S. forces attacked the residence, said the arrestees._

All the detainees except Auguste were released after questioning.

According to Haitian law, as is the norm in any democratic country, no arrest can be made without a proper warrant issued by judicial authorities._ The Haitian Constitution requires that warrants only be executed between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. The lack of any legality within the context of Haitian law and the fact this was executed unilaterally by U.S. military forces raises serious questions of national sovereignty and the role of the U.S. military in Haiti today._
Seems like there is a communication problem...
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

Sod Off Sadr
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: I sent hundreds of followers to their deaths. Then I cut and ran. Now I'm livin' large somewhere in Najaf.
May 15, 2004, 12:14 PM

Standing by for a link to a legit source.
You heard me! Sod off, Sadr!

dcolton
Banned
Jun 14, 2004, 12:21 AM

My name is Angq0k. I have nothing better to do than look for anti-American news and post it on MacNN so I can feel good about being a canuck

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 14, 2004, 01:47 AM

Originally posted by dcolton:
My name is Angq0k. I have nothing better to do than look for anti-American news and post it on MacNN so I can feel good about being a canuck
It took you a month to come up with this?
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

angaq0k  (op)
Mac Elite
Jun 14, 2004, 01:48 AM

As I posted earlier, your government has a rather large imprint on the world, and that entitles those affected to express their opinion.

That I am anti-american is false. That I am critical of many policies of the U.S. government is true. And I am equally critical of Canada's policies. I am also very critical of the Corporate attitude, which is not totally American, and is shared by all industrialized countries. I actually never said that Canada is better than any other country, including the U.S...
"******* politics is for the ******* moment. ******** equations are for ******** Eternity." ******** Albert Einstein

Atomic Rooster
Jun 14, 2004, 01:52 AM

Looks like dcolton has lost it.

He may need some rest from the political forum.

Tokencon
Banned
Jun 14, 2004, 08:16 AM

Well, AngqoK...you'll have to get in line...

Tokie

Tokencon
Banned
Jun 14, 2004, 08:18 AM

Were any of the Marines hurt? I heard one was kicking a Haitian child to death and hurt his ankle...is that true?

Sheeesh. Do you people ever get tired of this nonsense?

Tokie

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jun 14, 2004, 10:08 PM

Originally posted by Sod Off Sadr:
Standing by for a link to a legit source.
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/nyc-haiti0523,0,1055550.story?coll=ny-nynews-headlines

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...news-caribbean

All I could find in a quick search.

PacHead
Baninated
Jun 15, 2004, 03:33 AM

So, I ask the same question I ask in the other thread about the 3 iraqis.

Why should I believe a single word that this loonytoon, crackpot, voodoo priest woman is saying ?

Raymond Joseph, the new interim government's diplomatic representative in Washington, alleges she officiated at a voodoo ceremony last summer in which a baby was sacrificed.

Some people here will obviously believe anything, told by anybody, as long as it's something implicating the USA in something bad, lol.

Forum Links
Forum Rules