Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Hard restart - Tiger booted, not Leopard, but Leopard booted after normal restart

Hard restart - Tiger booted, not Leopard, but Leopard booted after normal restart
mkerr64
Senior User
Apr 8, 2008, 12:07 AM

Hi there

I am running the latest version of Leopard.
My MacPro froze so i held down the power button, booted it up and some how it booted Tiger 10.4, turned it off again and Leopard was running

Can anyone explain why this happened?
R.I.P Steve Jobs

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 8, 2008, 02:45 AM

Do you have both Tiger and Leopard installed? It sounds like for some reason it found Tiger first and so booted into it.

mkerr64  (op)
Senior User
Apr 8, 2008, 05:47 PM

i originally had Tiger and then upgraded to Leopard
R.I.P Steve Jobs

jmiddel
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 8, 2008, 09:35 PM

Did you archive and install? If so there should be a folder containing the old system ( I think that's what it's called) where the new one is. Why it would reboot from Tiger is another question. The old system is there just in case you need to get stuff out of there to place in the new system folder, items that you have added in addition to Apple's stuff. Maybe in the freeze some basic boot info got lost and the MB got confused, still, a tad bizarre.

mkerr64  (op)
Senior User
Apr 8, 2008, 10:36 PM

out of curiosity is it possible to get the microsoft type bar im not sure what the name of it is.

example:
/local c/program files/ea games/ BF 1942/ etc..?
somewhat of a directory?

Since i upgraded from Tiger to Leopard (different HD) i cannot find my iPhoto 21,000 pictures. i can find one of the folders however, i can only "open enclosed folder" once, unless there is a trick behind it
R.I.P Steve Jobs

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 9, 2008, 02:45 AM

Ah you mean the address bar, you can mimic it by using the go to folder (I think) option from the go menu in the finder.

Forum Links
Forum Rules