Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > fink selfupdate-cvs times out... indefinitely

fink selfupdate-cvs times out... indefinitely
trusted_content
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 29, 2003, 05:06 PM

I've noticed a problem in the last few days where every time I try to update the fink tree (seen this on two boxes so far), it just stalls after running the command. Like so:

Code:
[Cthulhu:~] delysid% fink selfupdate-cvs sudo /sw/bin/fink selfupdate-cvs Password: I will now run the cvs command to retrieve the latest package descriptions. The 'su' command will be used to run the cvs command as the user 'delysid'. After that, the core packages will be updated right away; you should then update the other packages using commands like 'fink update-all'. su delysid -c 'cvs -z3 update -d -P'
It does absolutely jack **** after that. Is anyone else having this problem, and how may I rectify it? There appears to be nothing in the fink mailing lists/announcements regarding any issues with their cvs server.
I offer strictly b2b web-based server-side enterprise solutions for growing e-business trusted content providers ;]

chris01
Oct 13, 2003, 04:56 AM

Originally posted by trusted_content:
I've noticed a problem in the last few days where every time I try to update the fink tree (seen this on two boxes so far), it just stalls after running the command. Like so:
Please read the newsitem on the Fink homepage about the new method for updating your packages without cvs.

The sourceforge cvs server are having major problems these days.

Forum Links
Forum Rules