Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Yes thanks, Safari, I know this dmg contains an application

Yes thanks, Safari, I know this dmg contains an application
trusted_content
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2005, 04:04 AM

Now can you please piss off and not remind me why I would choose to download pretty much any disk image I would download (to obtain and install an application).

Stupid repetitive warnings like that (and I can not figure out a way to turn it off!) are very "Service Pack 2", referring to the recent update to Windows XP which ensured that the user would be abused by the system for his presumed stupidity at all times. (After all, the user is always at fault. not a poorly-designed system with a laughable security model!)

Someone please tell me how to disable this. It is a blemish on my Tiger experience.

( Last edited by trusted_content; May 1, 2005 at 04:34 AM. )
I offer strictly b2b web-based server-side enterprise solutions for growing e-business trusted content providers ;]

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
May 1, 2005, 04:42 AM

Turn off the oxymoronically named "open safe files" feature, launch the .dmg files manually by double-clicking them instead, and you'll get rid of that message. This is what security-conscious people did before Tiger. The point of that dialog is to make the "safe" files feature actually safe.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

Krypton
Mac Elite
May 1, 2005, 05:17 AM

I'm hoping there is a hidden pref for turning it off also, as it can get very repetitive.

Forum Links
Forum Rules