Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > G4 Imac won't load from restart

G4 Imac won't load from restart
jimmyb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 17, 2006, 05:22 AM

I have recently erased my hard drive due to errors. I reloaded my original osx discs 10.2 on my G4 imac 800.

I then downloaded software updates. It was updating to 10.2.8 which was taking a long time and then it did not respond. I tried restarting.

But have been unable to log in. It comes up with a question mark, then the mac logo followed by a blue screen.

Any help would be most appreciated.

houltmac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 17, 2006, 01:32 PM

This means that your machine cannot find a valid OS install. There are sever reasons why. Step one would be to boot to your install disk and verify and repair permissions and the disk if necessary. Try again. Now if it still doesn't work then you could try an archive and install. If this still fails then DiskWarrior would be handy.

It could be that the disk is damaged in some way, or the connections loose, but from what you have said I wouldn't imagine this to be the case. I'd start with the above and go from there.

Forum Links
Forum Rules