Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.2.3 button problem

10.2.3 button problem
wANCO tHE sANE
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 25, 2002, 09:37 PM

I tried to search around, but I couldn't exactly find the right terms to look for. But anyway, you know those buttons on the top left of your window? The red, yellow, and green one? Well, after updating to 10.2.3 those buttons seem to be missing from the ichat buddy list window and the address book window. I mean, if you click on the certain spot where they should be at, they work. But somehow, I can't see them. Can anyone give me some help/redirect me anywhere? Sorry if there was already a topic like this, I couldn't find it. Thanks in advanced.

I put a V-TECH sticker on my iMac DV 400 and i'm burnin' Geo Metro's left and right.

ARENA
Mac Elite
Dec 25, 2002, 10:06 PM

As you thought, this has been discussed extensibly. The problem you have is most likely happening with a theme installed in your Mac.
Since 10.2.3 includes new widgets for the brushed metal appearence, third party themes must be updated with this minor change in order to show the buttons in such applications.

Check if your theme has been updated or use an "Aqua restore kit" to go back to default Aqua.
( Last edited by ARENA; Dec 25, 2002 at 10:26 PM. )

dr.george
Forum Regular
Dec 25, 2002, 10:17 PM

i had the same problem as you , its because i had a third party theme installed , as ARENA said , if you want the widgets back you will need to restore your Aqua theme with the resource installed with the 10.2.3 update.

dr.george

EDIT: download AquaFix
( Last edited by dr.george; Dec 25, 2002 at 10:27 PM. )
iMac 20 Core Duo 2.0 Ghz / 1 GB RAM / 250 GB / ATI X1600

wANCO tHE sANE  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 25, 2002, 10:33 PM

thanks you two. I just dind't know what those buttons'r called.. The problem is pretty much fixed

I put a V-TECH sticker on my iMac DV 400 and i'm burnin' Geo Metro's left and right.

Oneota
Professional Poster
Dec 27, 2002, 02:50 PM

Originally posted by dr.george:
i had the same problem as you , its because i had a third party theme installed , as ARENA said , if you want the widgets back you will need to restore your Aqua theme with the resource installed with the 10.2.3 update.

dr.george

EDIT: download AquaFix
Is anyone mirroring AquaFix? The download site appears to be overloaded or down.

Thanks!
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

Forum Links
Forum Rules