Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 2 "user" folders

2 "user" folders
coregraphics
Oct 7, 2003, 12:59 PM

I am having something strange going on, I have tow "user" folders on my hard drive, they are identical, both are functional. When I clean up window it puts one folder on top of the other one, I can drag it off eachother. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 7, 2003, 01:17 PM

Does one of the folders have a little, tiiny arrow in the lower left corner?

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

coregraphics  (op)
Oct 7, 2003, 01:20 PM

nope they are identical, no arrow. It's odd could it be a finder bug and if it is how do I fix it. Just fyi, I'm running 10.2.8.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 8, 2003, 07:29 AM

In column view, when you click the "home" icon in your finder toolbar, which of the Users folders is highlighted? And can you trash the one that isn't?

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

noliv
Senior User
Oct 8, 2003, 07:48 AM

please open a terminal, type "ls -al /" and copy the result here (it will list the content of the root directory, with some usefull details)
-noliv

Forum Links
Forum Rules