Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP battery not holding charge

MBP battery not holding charge
luap82
Forum Regular
Jun 18, 2007, 11:54 PM

I keep my MBP plugged in all day, but when I unplug it it shows I only have 15min. left of battery life.
Could this be a faulty battery?

Thanks for the help.

-Kate
UND KEINE EIER

fongyuen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 19, 2007, 01:19 PM

go to the Apple icon, About this mac, and under the power tab, check to see what the full charge capacity is. it should be around 5500 for a new mbp battery. and check also how many cycle counts there are. i heard that if it's under 300 and ur battery can't hold any charge, you can bring it in to Apple store and they'll replace it for you. that's what i did. good luck.

jonswan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 23, 2007, 06:35 AM

How old's the machine? Unless it's 3 years old and you've gone through a thousand cycles then it sounds like a dodgy battery. Is there a black X through the battery icon top right of the desktop? I simply took mine in for a quick replacement.

Forum Links
Forum Rules