Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Brenthaven Bag Broken - Help!

Brenthaven Bag Broken - Help!
Nergol
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 16, 2008, 08:38 PM

Hey all;

Well, I don't know if this is "hardware", but it's probably the closest subforum.

I have an old Brenthaven laptop bag, the front clasp on which broke. Here's a picture of the clasp in question:

So... does anyone have any idea on how to get a replacement for the clasp? I really like the bag and I'd prefer to keep it.

Thanks.

Arkham_c
Mac Elite
Jun 17, 2008, 09:28 AM

If you google for "plastic backpack buckles" you'll find a hundred companies that will sell you a working replacement. The trick of course is getting it sewed on.
Mac Pro 2x 2.66 GHz Dual core, Apple TV 160GB, two Windows XP PCs

-Q-
Jun 22, 2008, 11:26 AM

You might also check with Brenthaven. Plastered all over their web site is a 'guaranteed for life' warranty so you may be able to get them to send a replacement bag or fix the bag for you at no charge.

Nergol  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 23, 2008, 03:02 AM

Positive experience - I e-mailed Brenthaven and a new clip is on its way; free of charge. Epic Win for Brentaven customer service.

-Q-
Jun 23, 2008, 07:59 PM

Glad to hear the bag will be fixed. Although I think an 'epic win' would be them just sending you a free bag, and not a part you're going to have to replace yourself.

Forum Links
Forum Rules